Thursday, January 25, 2007

You Used to Spin Me



Pete Burns, the androgynous front man of Dead or Alive, is suing his plastic surgeon for an estimated £1 million over a botched attempt to remove lip implants. He claims that Dr Maurizio Viel performed a terrible job on his lip augmentation procedure at the London Center For Aesthetic Surgery. His lawyers issued High Court proceedings today alleging negligence. Burns claims side effects from the augmentation treatment included painful swelling, blisters, heavy discharge, and an inability to eat, drink or speak. The damage was so bad that doctors have warned him that his lips may need to be amputated. "What happened to me after a series of injections was far worse than any nightmare I could have envisioned. Not only was it agonisingly painful, but it was physically repulsive in the extreme. It was impossible to lead any life whatsoever. I was unable to leave my house as I was so distorted with swelling and I might begin to discharge yellow pus that was coming from the holes in my face", he said. Burns claims to have undergone more than 100 operations over 17 months in a bid to reconstruct his face. "At times, it leaves me seriously suicidal and depressed and I could have problems for the rest of my life," he said.

The pic on the left is circa 1985 & and pic on the right is of his current incarnation. Got Lips?
Hat Tip to Ireland On-Line for this story.

2 comments:

Jimmi said...

Wow, that's pretty crazy... I knew he had some work done but that is crazy. I wonder what will happen. Needless to say, I hope his dreams of becoming a lip model have subsided...

Thanks for checking out my site by the way... :)

Big Daddy said...

Holy moley. Did you see him on the UK's 'Celebrity Big Brother'. He looked freakish. Although, he did rip Traci Bingham, a new one.