Saturday, January 27, 2007

Will Blog for Attention

I spent a few hours in downtown Long Beach this afternoon, running errands and eventually meeting up with a friend for lunch in the Arts District. For real: Utopia restaurant is worth a visit, if you're ever in that neck of the woods.

Within the time I was in downtown, I was "hit on" by no less than 4 bums (or to be a little more P.C. : "homestead challenged")...and by "hit on", I'm of course talking 'bout them wanting some of my cash money. Whatever happened to "can you spare a dime brother?"....now, they're all asking "hey buddy, can you spare a few bucks?"...I learned long ago that ignoring these folk just doesn't work. They've learned that the more they bug you, the more quickly you'll cave, just to get rid of them, and fork over some cash. I have learned that the best way to get rid of these lovely people is to look them in the eye and say, "No bitch...my money is all for me!"...and then I usually run in the opposite direction.

On a similar note: Does anyone know how in the hell do the homeless people, that you see chilling at freeway offramps, all have black magic markers?....I don't even have one, and I've got a job!

1 comment:

Big Daddy said...

The markers come in the 'Homeless Welcome Wagon' kit.