Wednesday, February 28, 2007

D & G

Because I'm worth it...

A "good friend" just returned home, from a business trip in Rome. As in Italy....Not as in Rome, Georgia....While he was gone for 2 weeks, I took care of his apartment. You know, watered the plants, aired out the place, brought in the mail, crapped in his toilet, drank his wine, ate his food, went through his sock drawer looking for "hidden" cash, checked out his banking statements, used his bed for an on-line hookup, hacked my way into his computer, and altered several of his on-line profiles....

I did all of these things, without even a whisper of a thought of being compensated in any way, whatsoever....Never mind the fact that I was Googling the exact location for the following shops in Rome: Prada, D&G, Gucci, & Salvatore Ferragamo....and please ignore that I may have emailed my good friend all of the taxi/bus routes to all of these shops. I really wasn't expecting anything for my self-less behavior. I do what I do, because I am just a damn good friend...Word!

So, can you imagine my surprise when my friend dropped these shades off at my place, as a token of his appreciation? I also scored an awesome cashmere zip up sweater, a very cool shirt that I'm designating as my "goal" shirt (fits a little snug in the tummy area, damn it, but it should fit come early summer!), and I also scored a serving platter that's just too nice to actually use. It'll be one of my "you can look, but don't touch" pieces.....kind of like my booty.

Anyone need a house-sitter?

12 comments:

Big Daddy said...

Remind me to never ask you to house-sit for me.

Ha, ha.

Booty,

Big Daddy said...

Disregard the comma. I meant a '.'.

Steve said...

I knew your friend was in Rome, Italy for business. I've been to Rome, Georgia. No one has any business in Rome, Georgia. And, nice score - both, the hook-up and the fabulous gifts from Italy!

dbv said...

that's funny!!!

tkkerouac said...

nice post, great shades and great thumbnail.

Red7Eric said...

Ever been to Rome, New York? Makes Rome, Georgia seem like Paris.

Michael Guy said...

Betch!

I kid. HOW divoon are those shades! All I ever got for apartment sitting was a shot glass and a snow-globe.

M- Filer said...

It must be nice to have generous friends.....Nice glasses!

Crazy Eddie said...

Those D&G's are hot...

I have a close friend who's a complete whore for shades in general... and he would flip if he layed eyes upon those...

Besos

Marko said...

I definitley need a pair of those!

Eric said...

I don't need a housesitter...but I do need a cool friend like yours for whom to house-sit!

Great Blog, man...I put you on my roll even though you did, you know, ask for it. ;-)

Steven said...

Ok. You just gave me several good reasons NOT to let you housesit for me. Ever.