Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Heart's a Lonely Hunter


I started this post last night and, well, it turned out too: boo-hoo/ pity party / I aint got nobody / blather & bosh... So I scrapped it. Yes, I was drinking last night (Cabernet Sauvignon). And yes I was crying. And yes in the nude.....not a pretty site.

The gist of the original post was a reflection of my non-existentent love life, and how I sometimes feel lonely. I love being single and not having to answer to anyone, but I dunno....there are times when I really miss being in love, and all of the strings that come along with it. Sometimes I watch couples (straight or gay), who appear to be in love, and I wonder if they know how lucky they are. It's been about 3 years since I felt like I was truly in love with someone...but that ended pretty quickly, once I found out he was cheating....oh, but that's going to be a LONG post for another day.

As I was typing the post up last night, I was listening to this song, Are you Alright?, by Lucinda Williams, and started to think about all of my friends (including my blogosphere friends) that are going through some pretty rough times right now, emotionally.....and that song just hit a little too close to the bone.....and that's when I just lost my shit & started to bawl....I guess it didn't help that I had just finished listening to Annie Lennox on YouTube perform Why? live....(Annie playing the piano, singing her heart out....check it out ya'll).

But enough of that noise....I know that I'm truly blessed to have all that I do, and besides, it's a new year and it's going to be a new (slimmer) me.....Happy Valentines Day everyone!

6 comments:

Big Daddy said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Michael Guy said...

"We'll always have Paris."

Or jug wine, whichever comes first. No more tears, 'kay? So 'Valley of the Dolls', this post...

Happy Valentine's Day, hon!

Red7Eric said...

Are you spying in my head? I wrote pretty much the exact same thing at the exact same time today.

Anyway ... have a happy Valentine's Day; find yourself a little love, in whatever form it takes, and hold it close to you -- it will keep you warm.

Cheers ...

dbv said...

living well is the best revenge, well, that and being thin!!! see you in the petite section around june!!!

::adriel said...

You should have joined me and the kids at the Fox! I sang a rousing song and drank pitchers of beer through a straw.

Cheer up Charlie. :)

Steven said...

You got my card, so isn't that proof that someone was thinking of you...?