Thursday, February 15, 2007

I Heart Chilaquiles



Chilaquiles is my favorite Mexican breakfast . What the hell are Chilaquiles you ask?...They be: many layers of crispy tortillas, made soggy in a tomato and chile pepper (mild) sauce, with lots of Queso Fresco (Mexican cheese) & usually served with eggs on the side. Every Thursday, they make them in the cafeteria where I work...The evil chefs make them even more wicked by slopping on a dollop of sour cream...mmm....sour cream!

I've recently given up (as much as possible) carbs...and this dish is a carb bomb!......So I was strong this morning, as I passed the chef who taunted me by saying: "Mijo, I got chur Chilaquiles for chu "!......damn Him!....I wanted them bad, but I ended up with a fat free yogurt, banana, and green tea....Bleh!!

In the words of my hero, Homer Simpson: " Ohhhh....Me so hungee ! "

5 comments:

Red7Eric said...

Ohmigod, they sound delectable. I wouldn't have your willpower.

The place at my office makes a really mean Breakfast Burrito. No sour cream, tho' ... (next time I'll ask).

dbv said...

the willpower, amazing... i'm going to keep eating and hope for a stomach virus!!!

WAT said...

God damn, los chilaqules son muy ricos.

Christopher said...

...word!

or en Espanol: "palabra"!

Crazy Eddie said...

I can eat about 5 servings of Chilaquiles. I never knew about them until a Mexican friend of mine popped my cherry. It was delicious...

You feel them when you visit the restroom though...

LMAO

Besos