Friday, February 16, 2007

Like a Virgin


I went to lunch today with a coworker; an older gent, who's married and has a son that's 27 years old. Over salads, he told me that last weekend, his son finally got his cherry popped (gasp ...by a girl). Dad shared that he was pretty surprised that his son was (until recently) still a virgin.

Some thoughts:
  • Gee, thanks for sharing that tidbit of your family history.
  • It's about damn time, boy!
  • I think it's a little creepy that the son would tell Pops about his 1st experience.

This afternoon, I remembered how this subject was discussed on one of my all time favorite British comedy series: Absolutely Fabulous....Here's a couple quotes, from Eddie & Patsy, regarding Eddie's virgin daughter (Saffron) :

Eddie: Here I am, your mother, poised for your first sexual experience. And night-after-night, dry bloody sheets! Well I am sorry darling, but I don't want a little moustached virgin for a daughter, so DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Patsy: She is a virgin - in a world where men would even turn to soft fruit for pleasure!

Have an AbFab weekend Sweety Darlings!

4 comments:

Red7Eric said...

God, poor Saffron. First of all, she's got a crap mom, and secondly ... her name is Saffron. Love the show, tho'.

And y'know, I was a virgin until about 27 ... mostly do with the fact that I didn't know why I thought girls were icky until I was 25 and then it took me a few years to figure out how to meet men. But no, I didn't call Dad and tell him about it.

Michael Guy said...

I recall Saffron's wedding day episode where Edina & Patsy pounced on a still-in-bed Saffie with mustache tape!

But I think my favorite episode may be their trip state-side with both of them waking up on a trash barge to New Jersey!

Let's have some champers, sweetie darlings!

Crazy Eddie said...

Absolutely Fabulous gets deep into my funny bone. I looooooove that show. Such witty humor...

I lost my virginity to an 18 year old girl (I was 15). She took total advantage of me and was unusually in love with me. I'm a gay man, but until this day I have no regrets... she was hot!

You crack me the hell up. Love the blog...

Besos

Big Daddy said...

One of my fav episodes is when Edina and Patsy go to the French countryside for vacation.

Honestly, I think I will end up as Patsy when I get older.