Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Beautiful Ones




Last night, I watched last week's episode of America's Next Top Model (not a regular viewer, but I enjoy the show when I do catch it), and got to see Benny Ninja (who's now the "Father" of the House of Ninja, founded by Willi Ninja, who passed away last year) try to teach the girls how to strike a pose....In a word, the girls were: hopeless....Benny was great though...he makes it look all too easy.

I'm always surprised/disappointed that the chicks on this show don't know how to walk or pose....I mean, if you really want to be a model then shouldn't you have walking & posing down to an artform??!!...[sidebar]: I've seen the Australian version of ANTM & that one is a snooze fest!....I guess it needs some Nelly queens like Miss & Mr. Jay to make it look a little more interesting.

So I've been thinking about developing another version of ANTM....It'd be called: ANTGMM......That's short for America's Next Top Gay Male Model. Is that title somewhat redundant?....I'm still working out some of the details, but so far I've been able to come up with a few ideas for the weekly challenges. Here's what I've got:


  • Who's a Label Whore? - - this is where you're shown current collections of top designers and you have 30 seconds to correctly identify the designer to the collection.

  • Vogue Down - - no explanation needed here

  • Make it Work! - - Give the model $20 and send him into a thrift store. The challenge is to put together an outfit that is runway ready (been there done that myself, back in the day).

That's all I've got so far.....any other challenge ideas welcomed & appreciated!

5 comments:

dbv said...

how about a challenge on how to pad underwear? all close up crotch shots for the entire hour... i bet the ratings would be thru the roof!!!

Michael Guy said...

I see a 'luggage challenge.'

Aspiring top gay male models must pack only ONE bag for a 10-day Atlantis cruise. The bag will contain all attire for black-tie, poolside, costume nights, day trips and--in general--three changes of clothes, daily for the promenade and t-dance. All toiletries must travel in same bag as well.

Now THAT I'd like to see.

Eric said...

God, I'd fail. The only challenge I would nominally pass would be thrifting my way to a set of clothes somewhat presentable.

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Me, me, me! I'm the label whore!

Crazy Eddie said...

Willie Ninja. Wow. I remember him. He was Queen of the Ballroom and I was so sad to hear that he passed away from that dreaded disease...

Let's bow down in silence...

Besos