Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Marrying Kind

In today's mail, I found a wedding invitation. The wedding is for the daughter of an ex-coworker, whom I still keep in touch with...It seems that after 3 bastard children, the 20-year olds have decided to 'do the right thing' & marry....I have never met the bride nor the groom, so I'm debating on whether I should go or not.

On the downside, I'd have to endure sitting at a table full of strangers for a few hours...and then there's the Catholic wedding service....we're talking a couple of hours of kneeling, standing, kneeling, Peace Be With You, etc...

On the upside, I'd be getting a free meal...well, it'll cost me a purchase from Big Lots (oh relax...I'd switch gift tags before I left the reception!) & I could buy me a snazzy new outfit for the doomed, err...happy event.

So, I did a little online window shopping tonight for possible outfit choices...the designer? Dolce & Gabbana (Spring 2008) of course....speaking of D&G....these 2 sneaks stole MY IDEA right out from under me...that's what I get for procrastinating!




Anyhoo...I thought the following choice might work, but I'm a little concerned that I might be taking away attention from the bride who (has the nerve to be) will be wearing white:

Did I mention that the reception is going to be held at a beach house?...right on the beach, so now I'm thinking about going a little bit more casual....Here's 2 more options....do these come off as TOO gay?

You did notice all of the Roman sandals, yes?...that's right....MY IDEA!

15 comments:

Lewis said...

I could see sandals and flip flops (or even just bare feet) all day long and not get bored. I'd actually go naked to the wedding.

angel, jr. said...

I think weddings can be fun!

Scot said...

I think the last one is your best bet. I love the model's expression. It's like when you make a tomboy wear a dress and curl her hair for picture day- so sour. But just think, you'll be wearing a D&G Teddy!

M- Filer said...

My unsolicited opinions:

Roman Sandals: YES

White D&G with Roman Sandals: Hell Yeah

Black Tank Top with Panda Bear: No Thank You

Silly Billy said...

By the end of the night your clothes will be off anyway, so what does it matter

SYNRGY said...

I say skip the wedding (make up an excuse) go to the reception... you're casual the entire time, take a small gift, you're seen by the ex co-worker, and you get a meal/cocktails...

I use (and believe) "I can't get married, so, I don't attend ceremonies." :)

giggle @ silly billy

Big Daddy said...

I like synrgy's 'excuse'.

The Other Andrew said...

I think the lederhosen and teddybear t-shirt owe a little more to IML than a wedding...

Unless you're looking for a leather daddy of course.

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Weddings suck the big one, unles it's your own gay wedding and the reception is just party central (mine was a blast). ;-)

D & G are very Madonnaesque choices for a wedding ensemble.

Gary said...

You really are a clever fellow. Did you have anything to do with the teddy bear tank?

Anonymous said...

Hey, I added you to my blogroll. Could you take a look and see if my site is worthy to be on your roll? :-)


eric@showyourgaypride.com

www.showyourgaypride.com

Though Lovers Be Lost said...

How about the teddy bear tank and a carefully applied ribbon and bow? You could be one of the presents :)

Naw... too bold.

Personally, I thought you'd look hot in the white suit. But, that's just me :)

jay said...

I'm a "bastard" child. Hmph!

Steven said...

Catholic weddings... I've been there. I've also been to Catholic divorces.

And, the only reason to wear white is to hide the semen stains from the priest.

TCho said...

wow. D&G straight from the runway. big bucks! :-)