Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Mid-Week Weekend Recap

Ok, so this is about 2 days late...Bite me...gently.

Friday night was Fine Dining at it's best....when I got home from work (late), I was in the mood for some California Cuisine....for real: El Pollo Loco makes a pretty good Chicken Burrito. I sucked it down faster than a coke-head snorts up his stash during a police raid....Tasty!



A good friend called and wanted to come over to show me what his thick 7" cock could do for me hang out. So, we chilled at my pad & after a glass of wine, we decided to head out to see a movie. We were both in the mood to see either Hostel II or 28 Weeks Later, but we got to the theater too late. Option #2 was to walk on over to Tantalum in the Marina Pacifica for some Extremely Gay Tropical drinks. The Pan/Poly- Asian restaurant is visually stunning, beginning with the winding pathway and ending in the Loo. After 10:30 or so, the place becomes a hot spot for the straight folk, with a DJ spinning ambient/trance. The bar is gigantic & snakes around a wall of glass, that looks out onto the Marina. For real: the Calamari that we ordered was Dee-Lish! FYI: calamari really gets me "in the mood" for some reason....If you wanna get me to bed, just feed me your lies about your cock size & net worth calamari, but I digress...

After a couple of drinks (Mojito & Margarita) it was time to put this booty to bed (sigh......alone). If you're ever in Long Beach, check out this hidden gem.

Saturday night I was treated to dinner at Campanile. This has been on my "list of restaurants to eat at before I die". This place was originally built in 1929 by Charlie Chaplin, (to be used as office space) but he lost the building to his wife in the divorce settlement. In the late 80's, the building was outfitted as a restaurant & bakery (La Brea Bakery). The actual restaurant felt & looked like you were actually in a restaurant that was created by adding a (mainly) glass ceiling between the space that separated two buildings. The food was unreal. I had Yellowtail, but it tasted like juicy chicken. The food here is ex-pen-sivo! My plate alone was $28 & let's face it, it was basically fish on top of some chorizo (about 5 small crumbled pieces) and a few carrots. Most plates were north of $30....but I wasn't paying, so I even gave in to dessert....shut up, it was stone fruit with a smidge of raspberry sorbet....FYI, stone fruit is fancy talk for any fruit with a stone looking pit (peach, apricot, nectarine, etc..)

It was L.A. Pride last weekend, so we decided to head on over to WeHo, to look at all of the pretty ones. Our first (& last ) stop was O-Bar. J'adore the O. For a Saturday night, the place was dead....we only stayed for 2 drinks. Apple-Ginger Martini (my fave) & a Peach Martini...after these 2 drinks, a full belly, and 1/2 a bottle of wine in me, it was time to head home....for some under the sheets action y'all...that's right, Daddy got some loving!

13 comments:

Though Lovers Be Lost said...

You always make me laugh... thank you! (must be why I hang out here so much)

I'll keep in mind to feed you well when I visit L.A. next. (hint hint)

I'm a cheap date, I can be had for a good neck and shoulder rub ;)

Steve said...

Holy Crap! All that, and you got laid, too? Again I say, Holy Crap! When I saw Tantalum, again I was all like, Holy Crap! The last time I was in California, we ate there one night. You sure do get around. And you sure do get around. Kidding. I kid. Glad you had a nice weekend

Lewis said...

Plates above $30? Not a chance....I'd have stayed home and taken the dick. Oops, I forgot, you weren't paying......well, you actually did pay, didn't you????

SYNRGY said...

"If you're ever in Long Beach, check out this hidden gem"...

Tantalum or your booty? ;)

The Other Andrew said...

...beginning with the winding pathway and ending in the Loo.

Ah, like so many of my weekends.

Christopher said...

TLBL: I'm a cheap date too...and you bettah let me know when you fly your skinny ass in to L.A.

Steve: you crack me up! did you like Tantalum?

Lewis: there's no way I'm paying that much for my din-din...and I did take the dick that was offered...ooops!

Syn: You've just given me an idea for a gay Kung-Fu movie..."Crouching Homo - Hidden Booty"...and to answer the question: BOTH!

TOA: you naughty naughty man! (oh, and me too....shhh!)

franck said...

No matter how broke I am, I never mind paying for good food (and accompanying drinks).
So, calamares, huh?

Silly Billy said...

Thanks for the chuckles.

Hey, a boy has to do what he has to do for a free meal!

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Did you mention getting laid? I thought you was a joking - it can be hard to tell - you blur the line, baby.

WOW! Talk about a festival and food and booze - you hound!

Steven said...

I didn't get any lovin' after going to O-Bar. Must've been your night off.

WAT said...

Chicken Burrito at El Pollo Loco huh? I will keep this in mind...

Bobby Whispers said...

El Pollo Loco - yum.

Crazy Eddie said...

The O-Bar looks hot. I would love to get shit-faced there. I would have a fucking ball...

Besos