Saturday, June 9, 2007

Saturday Morning Hummer

I woke up early Saturday morning. I had a lot of manscaping to do errands to run, so there was no time to waste wallowing around in bed. Especially, since it was only me in the bed. So I jumped out of bed, morning "wood" be damned, washed up and headed outside to water the garden.

I love taking care of my little garden early in the day. The heat is bearable and the bees are minimal. As I stood in my yard, watering the lawn, I could sense another presence behind me...An intruder was watching me...I didn't want to turn around...I was afraid he'd get scared & take off.

The shadows his body cast gave away his presence. He was a little guy, and he was getting closer to me...Only moments earlier, he was in my neighbors yard, snooping around...I saw him, but acted as if I hadn't.

When he was about 10 feet behind my back, I turned around to let him know that I was aware of him....He was exotic looking....fierce & brave despite his small size. He boldly moved closer to me...

For a brief moment, he was all up in my grill, looking at me directly in the eyes....and then he dropped down towards my crotch. His long nose pointing at my family jewels. I was wondering if the neighbors were watching. To be honest, I was hoping that they were. I even hoped that they were snapping photos or better yet, filming the two of us.

I knew what he wanted from me, and I was eager to give it to him...Too excited to speak, I said nothing the entire time we danced this dance...he must've figured out that he could trust me as he dove in for what he was here for...

This beautiful ruby throated hummingbird splished & splashed in the water that was coming out of the garden hose's nozzle, defying gravity & laughing at physics. When he was finished giving himself an aerial shower, he took a sip of water, flew back up to my face & looked at me, as if to say "thanks for the water"....and then he flew off.

So typical of the men in my life: get me excited, use me for what you want, and then fly away!

10 comments:

Big Daddy said...

Ha!

Cute post.

Michael Guy said...

Maybe you were 'touched by an angel.'

And that's about as gay as I get.

:: combing My Little Pony's hair ::

Greg said...

Tease.... ;)

RAD Homo said...

very cute ed..what a tease indeed...oh well ..Have alot of birds in the garden too..love them..though I cried like a big baby last month when my cat "mama" got one of the blue jays(fell from its nest) Damm her!

Lewis said...

I love it when they come to visit! I've had them in my face a couple of times...it's quite something, isn't it? And, I hope the morning wood got more than damned at some point.

Though Lovers Be Lost said...

Oh you tease!

Rey a.k.a. "Mr. Secret" said...

Damn you! I was hoping you were going to get yourself involved in some bestial love. Not that I find that arousing or anything.

I don't. Honest. I swear. Sincerely!

jay said...

I was so getting into that, hmph.

D-Man said...

Our hummingbirds deserted our feeders for the neighbors honeysuckle as soon as they bloomed. Li'l bastards.

WAT said...

"the bees are minimal"

At least u saw them! There's a terrible shortage of bees, which is really worrying scientists, because we need them for crops and stuff!