Friday, June 15, 2007

Something in the Water?

Maybe it's the weather....I don't really know, but an unusually high number of my real world friends (the real people in my world, not the MTV young'ns ), as well as some of my on-line buds are going through some ugly stuff right now emotionally...and it's all related to their current or past significant others.

I even witnessed some of it this morning, as a coworker & I went downstairs for a cuppa. She's been having marital problems lately. Her hubby also happens to work for the same company as us (he even works in the same building)....well, guess what?....we ran into him in the cafeteria as we were leaving. I felt really awkward as he asked her if she had a minute to talk and all she did was give him the "talk to the hand" gesture....she's retro like that...the look in his defeated eyes made me feel just awful for this guy.

I dunno, maybe I should be thankful that I'm single...I don't really have anyone to answer to but myself. But then again, maybe it's just part of the struggle that most have to go through to be in a committed relationship....perhaps going thru some rough days is needed to help you appreciate all of the good times....and with the right person, the fight is always worth it.

To all my friends, real or cyber, hang in there....this too shall pass. Have a great weekend, y'all!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know who I am... I come by here often and sometimes I miss being single. Is staying with someone that cheated worth it? I'd like to think he is, but I don't have a whole lot of faith in the future. I'm just kinda taking it a day at a time.

Big Daddy said...

Ack.

Yah, I got in to a huge fight with my [ex?] best friend.

We were kind of like a couple, and he even admits to people he has recently dated that we were in a relationship.

Anywho, he said something that totally ended any remaining emotional attachment to him

At first, I was depressed, but the more I thought about it, it was a really unhealthy relationship.

We fought more than we had good times.

So I'm ok with it now.

There must be something in the water, you're right.

Scot said...

Yes, it's going around...ack! In the words (and mindset) of Forrest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that."

Christopher said...

anonymous: I say "no", but that's cuz I'm jaded & went thru "giving him a 2nd chance"...guess what, he cheated again...but that's just bitter me talking...I feel that if you're going to cheat, then there's problems with the relationship...cheat on me twice, then there's the door.

Big Daddy: we 2 are 1 in the same...email forthcoming (later tonight).

Big Daddy said...

Oooh!

Private correspondence!

Michael Guy said...

Thank you, Christopher. I am blessed with a great blog-o-sphere support group. I count you among my blog buds. :: HUG ::

Crazy Eddie said...

I'm convinced you have ESP. I myself just ended a relationship with someone and I feel shitty at best...

Being single fucking rocks though.

Besos

Though Lovers Be Lost said...

It must have paid off to stay single as long as I have. Yikes.

Hey Christopher... any plans for dinner this weekend? ;-)

dbv said...

I couldn't imagine being single again, I wouldn't remember how to date and I'm 15 years older than I was the last time I went on a "date". God, I'm getting old!!!

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Relationships are WORK each and every day, but that is why we can come to learn so much about ourselves in the process; they bring out our best and our worst, and to expect anything less (to expect some "ideal") is to be set up for disappointment. Life seeks balance, and relationships are no exception to that rule.

Red7Eric said...

I have no current significant other to be so embroiled with, so I guess this patch of Mercury Retrograde will (hopefully) pass me right by. I am going on a date tomorrow with a boy I've been seeing sporadically for a few months now, so that's all good (I hope).

No water for me, thanks; I'll stick to Diet Coke for the next month or so ...

Lewis said...

I think that life, in general, is really tough for a whole lot of people....relationships, finances, jobs, families who are totally messed up, war, violence, hatred, no food, no money....it's a fu*&^& mess. And, I think that many have "checked out." Just plain old can't handle it so they go "to the other place" for (hopeful) serenity and peace. It's really sad to see our society in this place. And does nothing for our long-term survival as a people. Help!

M- Filer said...

Definetly one plus to being single...you get to be the arbitrar of your own happiness.

Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

naw, naw, it's not a single vs relationship issue, it's a never work anywhere near someone you have a relationship with...

Steven said...

I thought people got funked in the winter, not the summer.