Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Can't Stop the Funk

Over the weekend I was checking out some videos on YouTube....the usual hunt for 80's videos that I miss...in particular The Smiths/Morrissey....awww Morrisey....the hair, those glasses....so nerdy, yet so sexy!


Then I noticed that the uber-sexy Lexx had posted a video from DJ/producer Mark Ronson, who revamped The Smiths tune "Stop Me If You've Heard This One Before". The vocals were provided by the cherubic Daniel Merriweather (International R&B star).


Normally, I hate when an artist remakes a Classic, but I'm loving this version....there's something very retro, and soulful about Merriweather's voice that changes the feel of the original, but I think Morrisey himself would approve.....for real: Daniel Merriweather is a cutie...check out them lickable lips!

:: Click on the title of the post to see the video ::

9 comments:

Big Daddy said...

I hated this when I first heard it on BBC back in the day.

Through sheer repetition, it grew on me.

Big Daddy said...

Oh wow.

You're video is different than mine.

The Merriewather guy is kinda cute in a thug-ish way.

Christopher said...

I think I have the Inter'l video link...

thug-ish in a Brit sorta way...sorta.

Steve said...

Loved The Smiths... still do.

SYNRGY said...

HOT remake... HOT voice... HOT guy...

franck said...

OMG I sooo love The Smiths!

Rey a.k.a. "Mr. Secret" said...

It's an interesting version, and rather Dido-esque. Although the echo and reverb on his voice sometimes gets a wee bit distracting, it's a neat spin on Moz. And yep, he's a cutie.

Red7Eric said...

In high school, I was widely derided for listening to The Smiths ("... that's so DEPRESSING") ... I always found their music to be oddly uplifting and hilarious.

Morrissey is coming to Wolf Trap in July. I might just have to go see that ...

WAT said...

The Smiths RULE!

As does Morrissey.