Thursday, June 14, 2007

Vested Dis-Interest

I've been noticing a new trend in men's fashion around L.A lately.....The Look: wearing a white T-shirt under a vintage (satin-backed) vest....you know, the kind of vest that you'd normally wear under a suit (30 years ago).....other versions of this look include: wearing a necktie with the t-shirt vest combo....or wearing a polo (white or colored) under the vest....I don't get it....I did this look back in the day (cough, 1984, cough), and looking back, it really looked kinda lame...If this is what I have to look forward to this summer, I say: Feh!

Although, I'd have no problem with this man (may be NSFW) wearing that look....but without the chonies T-shirt please!...can I get an Amen?!

12 comments:

WAT said...

I'm a fashhion fiasco, but I just don't care for that shit really. I just dress casual and if ya like me fine and if not...NO ME IMPORTA.

Gracias.

Big Daddy said...

Hubba hubba for the dude at the link.

You should prolly warn NSFW for those of us at work though, sweetie.

Christopher said...

Wat...from what I've seen so far, I'd rather see you nekkid anyway, so no worries Mijo!

Big Daddy: I added the Lil Warning...only because YOU asked ...and cuz u called me Sweeie!

SYNRGY said...

Amen, hallelujah, hand me a snake.... wooooooo ;)

jay said...

I don't get it either. Oh well, I tend to not follow trends anyways.

BTW: I was born in 1984 :p.

Though Lovers Be Lost said...

I'm past the being fashionable stage :-)

Michael Guy said...

Oh, shit..not the vest thang again.
I've lived through this THREE times already.

:: old dog/new tricks ::

Greg said...

I thought the t-shirt and vest look went out with Saved by the Bell....

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

I hope the trend you describe doesn't stick around long - yuck! I love guys in white t-shirts (not much looks hotter if the guy has a good bod and a tight white T on). But, the vest is a YUCK! However, the guy you link to does nothing for me...

Big Daddy said...

Thanks Sugar Booger!

franck said...

Amen, brother!

Crazy Eddie said...

That's why I love NY... my hometown. Although you have your occasional fashion fuck-ups walking the streets, the majority of New Yorkers have a slick style that's unmatched around the world (okay, maybe Japan is up there...).

I want to lick the back of your neck.

Besos