Thursday, July 5, 2007

And the Award Goes To......Me!


Rey, over at The Writings On The Wall, nominated me for a Thinking Blogger Award...

Wow!...that's really an honor...especially since I think of my blog as a mere creative outlet for this attention whore putting my snarky thoughts/opinions out into the blog-o-sphere, desperately hoping that someone will want to read it....so I'm truly grateful Rey!

Since I've been awarded, I have to play by the rules, and the rules say that if your ass is lucky enough to have received a Thinking Blogger Award, you have to:

  1. Write a post with links to 5 other "Thinking" blogs.
  2. Link to this post, so that the 5 tagged bloggers can find your written post.
  3. Optional: Display the above picture - linked to the exact origin of the meme.

So, here are my 5 Thinking Blog Nominees (Everyone on my Blogroll deserves this award, as I've got Damn Good Taste & only read the best, but I gotta play by the rules):


A Life in The Day -- I love this man's writing, especially his short stories...Stephen King, watch your back..here comes Greg!


Though Lovers Be Lost -- Jim is a writer who truly has the "Gift"... he's an amazing storyteller that has the ability to transport you into his tales & he just puts out some consistently excellent stuff!


Secrets of The Red Seven -- Sometimes I feel really stupid & ignorant after reading some of Eric's posts, because this one's so damn Smart & umm...non-ignorant!


WAT Central -- WAT's blog is a perfect balance of personal views, history lessons, entertainment reviews, & current events....and he'll occasionally showcase how large his feet are or how thick his beer can is.


Living My Life in NY -- Billy is a fairly recent discovery, yet there's something very familiar about this man...it's as if I'm reading a long lost friend's blog...definitely a daily read for me.


So there are my Five....If Rey hadn't nominated me in the first place, he'd definitely be on this list....make sure you stop by his place & check him out!


14 comments:

Steve said...

Holy Crap! He nominated me too, but I didn't get around to posting it. Thanks for reminding me. Congratulations to you, too.

Eric said...

Very cool! Congrats. ;-)

Crazy Eddie said...

Congratulations Chris. It's well deserved. Your blog (and I've been around since the beginning I think) has me rollin' on the regular and I look forward to your posts.

As for your top 5... you got yourself some fine choices there. Wat in particular...

Laterz lova...

Besos

jay said...

Congrats and like Eric said, very cool!

Greg said...

Congratulations...oh wait. You gave me more work to do!!! Now I have to think of five thinking bloggers. hmmm....

Though Lovers Be Lost said...

Awwww....shucks.... you're makin' me blush up here :-)

Okay my friend, my duty has been done, I have posted this and nominated my five. I would have nominated you again too :-)

kisses ya skinny bitch! XOXO

Red7Eric said...

OMG, that's so nice! Thanks! Mwah!

WAT said...

You described my blog so perfectly, I am in awe! Thank u so much for the words and kind acknowledgement. And congrats you too mijo. I enjoy your blog lots.

Keep up the good work and terrific sense of humor.

Palm Springs Savant said...

wow, such patience to do all that. My hat goes off to you. You have a great blog, but I've always thought that, even before the award!

dbv said...

and, it's an honor to be nominated right??? hell no, i want to win!!! lol... got a speech ready??

Junk Thief said...

Congrats on the award. I've wanted to make my blog more of a thinking blog, but it makes my little head hurt too much.

Red7Eric said...

Hey, my list is up -- and Tater has already responded with his, which included Cowbell, who has already responded with hers. AWESOME.

Steven said...

Where's my nomination, CF? Just for that, I am so going to crank call you... LOL.

Silly Billy said...

Wow, good for you. And thank you for the honor as well. Although I am not sure how much thinking goes into anything I write.