Monday, July 23, 2007

Cake Eater

This past weekend was full of cake eating. On Friday night, my GBF (Gay Best Friend) brought over a lemon bundt cake & a bottle of Pinot Grigio....both items disappeared in record time. When I went into the kitchen to get my "second" slice I was shocked (and shamed) to discover that we had eaten the entire cake....oh, the shame!

Saturday afternoon found me shoving birthday (no, not mine) cake into my mouth...I'd like to give a shout out to Rossmoor Pastries, in Signal Hill, for making one of the best damn cakes I've ever had...for real: layers of MOIST chocolate cake with layers of strawberry Bavarian cream, and topped off with buttercream frosting. I think that if I was on Death Row, this would be my requested last meal....yes, it was that good...that, or I'm still on a sugar high.

I tried to make it up to my waistline, by hitting the cardio hard on Sunday morning...hopefully, I worked off some of the frosting (from Friday's cake) at least...I'll work off the rest of the cake this week.

Confession: I have two very large slices of B-day cake in my fridge right now...and they're calling me....it's getting hard to resist them...maybe I should just trash them & remove the temptation....or maybe I should rub them all over my body & lick every crumb off...

Ok, that visual sickened me enough to kill the urge to eat the cake.....see, it's all about visualization kids!

12 comments:

Wilford Brimley said...

First of all, the retarded don’t rule the night. They don’t rule it. Nobody does. And they don’t run in packs. While they may not be as strong as apes, don’t lock eyes with them. It puts them on edge. It might put them on bezerker mode. Come at you like a whirling dervish, all fists and elbows. You might be screaming “No, no, no” and all they hear is “Who wants cake.”

Big Daddy said...

I am not usually a sweets person, but that second cake sounds yummy.

jay said...

You sound like me around cheesecake.

Lewis said...

I've got about a quarter of a strawberry almond creme cake in the refridgerator right now. I'm thinking it's going to be a lovely bedtime snack. We can do the smearing on the body trick anytime you want.

Christopher said...

Wilford: is there a "second of all"?...just curious...and I'll take "Potent Potables" for $500, please.

Big Daddy: uh-huh!

Jay: don't even get me thinking about cheesecake!

Lewis: you so nasty...but in the good way! xoxo

franck said...

why don't you rub it all over my body? or better yet, leave it on your and let me do the licking?
anyway, cake is for eating, and guilt is for catholics. might as well eat thise slices before they go stale. or someone else eats them.

Christopher said...

Franck: Come & get it baby!

Steven said...

I've eaten a whole cake in 1.5 days. It's worth it.

But, for the next week, I'm running like a mad man to burn off the calories.

Greg said...

Just give in to the cake temptation!!

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Take it from me, I hope you trashed them - if they are around you'll rationalize eating those bad boys. Luckily, I am not tempted by cake at all. Now potato chips are another story...

Crazy Eddie said...

Maybe you should consider next time having the cake whilst having rough, cardiac arrest inducing sex. Surely you'll be burning some of the calories you injest that night.

Besos

TCho said...

oh i missed your birthday? Happy birthday!