Monday, July 16, 2007

How I Lost 100 Pounds in One Week

Last week the j-o-b was seriously crazy y'all....I clocked so many hours of overtime (unpaid overtime -- due to being a salaried employee), that I should ask for a day off....soon. My apologies to my real world friends for blowing them off....don't go there....as well as to some of my blogging friends who've called to check in on me & I still haven't returned their calls....I should be punished, I know.

Over the last few weeks, I became quite proud of how everyone in my department came together during crunch time. My department was working like mad to make our Monday morning deadline....We took the concept of "teamwork" to a new level...even my manager showed a side of himself that I hadn't seen yet, and it was a nice change. As I walked out of my office LATE Friday night, it felt like 100 pounds of pressure & stress just dissolved. This week should be a helluva lot more relaxed. I might even get crazy & leave my office building at lunch for a quick fling in the park to grab a bite to eat.

Speaking of eating, I've been tracking my weight loss since the end of May, and I've sort of been a little flaky the last couple of weeks. I'm talking about being flaky in regards to NOT saying no to TWO slices of German Chocolate cake on Saturday, scarfing down a couple of cheeseburgers (2 separate occasions), and skipping out on the gym way too many times. With work getting back to normal, the diet, as well as the workouts should get back on track too.

On a positive note, I have lost enough weight that people in the office have noticed, and my favorite pair of baggy shorts (read: the only pair that fit comfortably) are now too loose to wear to the gym ....Yahooo!

11 comments:

Steve said...

Look at you! Congratulations on both the work and the weight. I've been feeling a little guilty as I haven't been on the bike two weekends in a row. For shame.

Big Daddy said...

Coolio!

Glad to hear everything is getting back to normal.

jay said...

Well, we all slip up occasionally but it sounds like you're making tons of headway. Don't fret. Everyone should have a "cheat" day every once in a while.

The Other Andrew said...

Well done, both the weight loss and the completion of your work project must feel like real achievements. Go you!

Lewis said...

Excellent news on the weight! Feels great to have baggy shorts be even baggier, eh? Celebrate with a piece (small) of that cake!

franck said...

you've made me hungry

Greg said...

Congratulations on the weight loss! I need to know how you're doing it....

Though Lovers Be Lost said...

Geeze, you skinny bitch, you're leaving me behind in a cloud of dust... I better get my ass in gear or I'll never keep up with you! The only way anything would be baggy at the moment is due to age of the item :-) (Besides, I gotta look like a true skinny bitch for a photo thingy I have to do to this fall - and you know how I despise having my picture taken... costs a lot of money to replace those cracked lenses!)

Christopher said...

Steve: spanky-spanky!

Big D: hoping the same for your you, my friend!

Jay: true...true

TOA: xoxo

Lewis: you're that little devil that sits on my left shoulder, whispering temptations into my ear, aren't you?!

Franck: and you make ME hungry [**wink**]

Greg: lots & lots of anonymous sex....ha! that's the biggest lie I've told yet...seriously, I've just stopped eating so much crap & I hit the gym every other day (as much as that's possible)

SB#2: I believe in you!

zooplah said...

I'm a big ole fattie, but I've never been to the gym a day in my life. The question: is it really ungay to get a home system, like weights or a Bow Flex or something? Or is a gym membership a requisite for being a hot gay?

D-Man said...

Ah, too bad - cause when you wear your baggy shorts, when you sit down we can see your doo-dad.