Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Magical Movie


On Saturday, I caught the matinee showing of the latest Harry Potter movie. I read the book this movie is based on awhile back, and to be honest, I'd forgotten much of the story...that is, until I saw the movie and then it all came back to me....and then I started to notice all of the parts of the book that they left out. That's very forgivable though, as the book is seriously thick. The movie would've needed to be at least 4+ hours to cover all parts of the book.


It's amazing how much the crew has grown since the first movie. Friday night I couldn't sleep and found myself watching the first Harry movie on cable, and I couldn't believe how young the stars all were. This installment of the Harry Potter saga is much darker than any of the previous movies. Not going to give away any parts of the movie here, but I loved it & now I want to see it on an IMAX theater for the 3-D battle scene at the end of the movie.

Saturday night, Mama called to ask how I liked the movie...she said that she was looking forward to seeing Hairspray...then she admitted to wanting to see Jersey Boys as well...OMG...I think my mom is a big Theater Queen!....so, that's who I get it from!

6 comments:

Hateful, Party of One said...

I thought Harry Potter was wonderful! Its so few movies that can make me smile and that movie is one of them. And Ginny Weasley is becoming quite a looker isnt she?

Lewis said...

Probably won't see it....no desire. But I do want his shirt off. No questions asked.

Michael Guy said...

Haven't read any of the POTTER series. But the HAIRSPRAY re-tread with TRAVOLTA...not so sure this will be the blockbuster they're hoping for.

How can TRAVOLTA replace DIVINE or FIERSTEIN for that matter?!

WAT said...

I am not as crazy about these HARRY POTTER movies as most of the general population is, but I do catch them on DVD nonetheless. They are pretty neat I suppose, and highly highly successful of course.

As for the new Hairspray movie? No Divine as someone above me said. And that sucks.

about a boy said...

i loved the movie! and felt it was the best so far. and dark. very nice. ginny and luna were awesome.

and i stopped reading the books after the first 1. but now that the final book is soon out i can read them all.

Atari_Age said...

I've made a habit of not re-reading the Potter book before seeing the movie, since that lets me re-live some of the stuff I've forgotten in a different way. I'll see this soon...