Monday, August 27, 2007

Cinespia


So, the week-long vacation is over, and I'd be lying if I said that I was happy to be back at work. I really didn't do much last week, and that's just what I wanted: a week of laying around, reading books & blogs, getting my drink on, and just simply recharging my internal batteries...

This past Saturday night, I finally did something that I've wanted to do in a long time....I gave myself an enema...oops....I meant to say that I finally attended Cinespia's weekly summer movie screening, hosted by The Hollywood Forever Cemetery...yup, I saw an old movie in a cemetary with about 1,200 other L.A. folk.

We showed up around 7:30, for the 8:30 screening of Hitchcock's, Notorious. The weather was perfect and we actually got great parking (VIP...cuz the regular lot was already full & the attendants were frustrated with all the cars gridlocked) & we even found a decent spot on the lawn...we brought a picnic lunch (as did everyone else) & a bottle of wine...there's also a local DJ spinning before & after the movie. I really had a fun time and the event had such a nice, friendly L.A. vibe....as cheesy as that sounds, it's true.

The cemetary is really beautiful, and I only wish that we had gotten there when the gates opened (at 7:00 pm), to walk around and look at all of the tombs, crypts, & mausoleums. FYI...this cemetary is the final resting spot for Rudolph Valentino, Douglas Fairbanks, and John Huston.

Next Saturday, they're screening "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane"....you should've Heard the queens in the audience gasp when they announced that.....and no, I didn't gasp!

10 comments:

Jim said...

I heard that gasp all the way over at my house!

Steven said...

You didn't gasp?

Come on, you know you did, even if it was a small one.

Big Daddy said...

A cemetery eh?

That's an odd place for an outdoor movie.

Scot said...

Been intrigued by this event myself. I have family in town this weekend: might be a great "LA" thing to do. ONe of these days you'll have to let me know in advance about this crap so I can meet you there.

WAT said...

Oh?

I'm a queen gasping right now! I wanna go to the Bette Davis movie!

Michael Guy said...

Sounds like a hoot! And please post a vidPost of you singing "I'm writing a letter to Daddy" ala Baby Jane Hudson. That would be so inspiring.

Ish, cemetary?!?

jay said...

Thanks for the bday wishes!

Hmmm, I agree, there was definitely a gasp, you just fainted when hearing the name and lost your short term memory.

Red7Eric said...

You didn't gasp, huh?

"Butcha ARE, Blanche, ya ARE in that wheelchai-uh!"

Just sayin'.

franck said...

Oh come on, you gasped, just admit it.

Would my membership be revoked if I admitted to never seeing "that" movie?

Christopher said...

All right...all right...all right...I half-gasped!....kinda like "only putting the head in"...

Scot: we'll have to go together soon & bring our gasping (not-so-queenie)friend WAT with us...

Jim: you and the lovely hubby are also invited to the LA movie-love fest.

Red E: that's the only scene I think I've ever watched from the movie....I love how you "said": wheelchai-uh....so clever this one!

Franck: you & I are much too young to have known about this movie....

sorry Michael Guy, not sure what song that is....ahem!