Monday, August 13, 2007

Invasion



I'm really looking forward to the next remake of this movie (release date is 08-17-07)....I saw the 1978 version, (starring Donald Sutherland) and was seriously freaked out for days. I just really hope that in this version, I get to see Daniel Craig naked & sweaty....(oh, screw the story line)....FYI, all of the movie versions of Invasion of the Body Snatchers were based on Jack Finney's novel, The Body Snatchers (originally published in Colliers magazine, in 1954).

Speaking of invasion, the weather was so perfect this past weekend, that all of L.A. decided to drive on down to Long Beach & clog up the streets with car traffic. Not only were there crazy amounts of cars cruising around, but the bicyclists were also out in full force. Now I want a Schwinn cruiser like the one in the pic below. I want to be that guy that rides his bike down the middle of the street, thinking he's a car, ignoring all of my honking ....and if he wasn't a hottie, I would've tapped his rear tire with my car's bumper.....but I digress.

Man, it's been a long time since I've had sex ridden a bike. My last bike was a Schwinn cruiser actually....it was candy apple red and I paid just over $200 for it.....the bike in the pic retails for $229.....I can't believe that the price hasn't skyrocketed since '97....I just wonder if I can still pull off sporting spandex biking shorts.



7 comments:

Scot said...

"Man, it's been a long time since I've [had sex] ridden a bike." They say once you learn, you never forget.... (strikethrough tags not working...)

Christopher said...

I'd like to test that theory Scot!

Rey a.k.a. "Mr. Secret" said...

My parents are moving out of my childhood home this coming week, so one of the last few things I had to get from my home before they moved was my mountain bike... and guess what? It's candy apple red. Is it coincidence? Or is it synchronicity? Hmmmm...

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

You see, sexy one, this is why I walk and run - I avoid all the cars, bikers, traffic and wack-o's and usually get there first. *WINK* And, I spend the cash I save on car payments and insurance on luxurious vacations. Damn, I'm good.

Greg said...

The bicyclists are always like that, and they seem to ignore stop signs and red lights. But I must agree with Scot about being ridden once and never forgetting...or something like that.

Silly Billy said...

I find it hard to believe that either you or Scot have not, um, rode a, um, bike in a while.

I made it through Long Beach this weekend on my little vacay. Sorry for the paparazzi following me causing all that traffic.

RAD Homo said...

bike shorts-- no
Movie-- YES YES YES!