Friday, August 24, 2007

Start Shopping Now!



As of today, there are only 122 more shopping days left until Dec 24th, the last day to buy that someone special a gift to celebrate the commercialized paganisitic birth of Baby Jebus Jesus.

In case you are wondering what YOU can buy ME this year, relax.....I'll be registering at either Crate & Barrel (cuz my home needs quality home shit) or Tiffany's (cuz I need a pinky ring with big ass diamonds on it, that I can also use as a weapon....oh, and cuz I'm gay....duh!)

Did y'all notice the pic of the poinsettia above? I snapped this pic at work...it belongs to our Admin person....It's from last Xmas & it refuses to die. Doesn't the goon that owns this plant know that on January 2nd, you must throw all poinsettias into the trash bin, or the compost heap if you're "Green"?....Isn't this an unspoken rule?

...btw, I almost got caught taking this pic, so y'all better appreciate what I do for my readers...all 3 of you!

Merry Christmas !

12 comments:

Jim said...

I worked at Nordstrom in the display department for 10 years. Each Christmas we would put out HUNDREDS of Poinsettias. Or as I call them, fucking red weeds.

I have been in stores and peoples homes after Christmas and told them flat out that their "weed" needs to go in the dustbin.

Irony: I now live on a street named Poinsettia. I almost didn't take the place for that reason.

M- Filer said...

I think it looks better as a wholly green shrub without the colored leaves. And losing the shiny gold aluminum foil wouldn't hurt it either.

Red7Eric said...

I'm with m-filer ... lose the foil, and it's actually kind of pretty.

And I love things that refuse to die. Well, not zombies; they frighten children and eat human flesh. But everything else.

Lewis said...

Several thoughts wandering aimlessly in my messed up head:
1. We don't do gifts in our house...gave them up a few years back.
2. I once kept one of those Christmas plants for several years. It got huge!
3. It's a TOE ring from Tiffany's....with said diamond.

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Damn you for even hinting at CHRISTMAS!

Oh, and isn't the green thing actually keeping the Poinsettia ALIVE and REUSING IT? They DO come back, you know.

Scot said...

It wouldn'y have been so bad if you got caught taking the photo. Just say you were documenting the first known case of keeping a pointsettia alive for more than 8 months without transplanting it from the pot it came in (which was barely big enough for the root then).

I've thought of registering for a "house rewarming." WHich reminds me, I need to get out the dried sage and "smudge" the house....

Gary said...

Merry Christmas baby, you know I appreciate you.

RAD Homo said...

Mele Kalikimaka! These suckers grow like a hedge in Hawaii...Pretty but can be a allergy city for some..

Big Daddy said...

I just found my Tiffany's ring the other day and have begun wearing it again.

How funny.

franck said...

I'm the Grinch, so I'll ignore your Christmas remark.

Robert said...

I think that you taking that picture isn't HR/company compliant! I'm calling security! ( ! ) hehe!

joe*to*hell said...

i have a 3 year old poinsettia! its summer time, so put it outside- they are tropical plants by natrue - so if it gets heat and sun, it will double in size and look soooo god - i swear to god