Thursday, September 6, 2007

Staying Put...For Now

I've been playing detective here at the old J-O-B...I was looking into the department that I was still semi-interested in (as of this morning)....just curious as to how many employees there are, confirmation that the she-devil would be my boss, etc...

I checked out the online organizational charts, to see if I knew anyone in the department...no luck...There are a total of 4 program managers in that department and yes, Super-B*tch is the direct supervisor...dammn!

Ok, so it looks like either someone in the group is leaving, or the workload has increased enough to require another manager be brought on...I'm hoping for the latter.

Next, I opened up all of the current manager's online calendars (on our email system)....I was basically looking for the number of scheduled meetings, any info on "to do" lists, anything that'd give me a sense of the workload and/or travel involved, as this position did require some local travel to contractor sites.

I found out from employee #4's calendar that he had an interview for a job around the end of July...then, I checked the "Awarded Jobs" section, on the job listing website ....looks like he got the job...AND, the thing that made me say: "hmmmm" was that I noticed that the new job he's taken is a step down from his management position.....veddy interesting.

Luck was shining down on my shiny face today, as I also discovered that this guy now works in a department where I know (and am on friendly terms with) pretty much the entire department...time for me to walk through there & pay a visit to my buddies....so after lunch, I dropped in and chit-chatted with some of my peeps (do I need to explain that word to anyone?....ha!)

This department is very team-building friendly, meaning when you sit at your desk here, you can see all of your neighbors....very short walls on the cubicles. So where is the new face?...I was hoping that I'd get introduced to him & then start my coy little investigation...after about 15 minutes, I'm about to leave when I see someone new walk in from outside & take a seat at one of the desks...(yes!!!!)...

My friend, Dolph, (not his real name, but he looks a LOT like Dolph Lundgren.....slurp!) says: "hey, we got a new sucker, I mean employee in our group".....chuckle chuckle, introductions are made....I play dumb & start asking questions like: "where are you transferring in from?"...."oh really?...I'm actually thinking about applying for your old position"...etc, etc.....he's very PC & says that the job is "interesting, fast paced, and never boring"....when I told him that I used to work with his old boss, he only said: "oh, good....then you'll have the upper hand".

I $hit you not....when I got back to my desk (after going poop), there was an email from him...singing a different tune....apparently, he didn't want to talk badly about his last position earlier, as he didn't want to send out the wrong message to his new group. I knew he was holding back!

Basically the email said that since I already know K _ _ _ , I "already know how she is"....and apparently not much has changed...he also told me that he was so desperate to leave that group that he actually took a step down (sneaky me already knew that)...also, there's a lot of politics/back stabbing going on in that department, and the job itself is basically an "invoice chaser" position, which has more to do with accounting then it does with program management.

Hmm...I think I'm going to go with the gut here, and NOT apply.

Thanks for the input Y'all !!

21 comments:

Jim said...

Wherever you work your talents are wasted. You should apply to the C.I.A. I could never have done all that crafty detective work.

J. David Zacko-Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Honey lamb, if you said you WERE going to apply after knowing all of that shit, I'd some down there and smack you silly! Good boy!

Lewis said...

Nothing like a new sucker in the group.

Eric said...

NICE detective work, C! Good thing you found the inside scoop on it because that could have been disastrous!

Paul said...

Nothing worse than a smelly cunt for a boss. Gosh that sounded so harsh & came out of my mouth! Glad you smelled out the bad tuna though and didn't take the bait. Not worth the headaches!

Scot said...

Go Jim- I was going to suggest you look into investigative reporting: you investigated and you reported- to us.
I say wait for someone to knock off the mega bitch, then go for her job.

Michael Guy said...

You made a very wise decision.

Jules said...

Sounds like a goooood move. I love how you let us all know you went and had a poop.. that's good writing, right there! ;OP

OnlinePharmacy said...

1xmMxc Your blog is great. Articles is interesting!

buy dosage orxc com from link phentermine html via said...

7UFVsp Nice Article.

name said...

2IRTMz Magnific!

meridia chat said...

Hello all!

classroom activity to teach c said...

Hello all!

name said...

Good job!

blue collar comedy tour bit downloads said...

Please write anything else!

date rob thomas tour said...

Please write anything else!

loan calculator total inte said...

Good job!

ringtones said...

Hello all!

said...

Thanks to author.

download free said...

Thanks to author.