Monday, September 17, 2007

I Heart Paella

My friend is a wine club member of this local wine tasting bar. On Saturday, they were tasting Spanish wine & offering all-you-can-eat paella for dinner (for wine club members only). Well, I sorta made up that all-you-can-eat paella rule on my own...I did have 3 servings and that was pretty much all I could eat (read: they ran out after my third serving). I have to admit that I'm slightly embarrassed over my behavior. The way I swooped in like a starved/caged beast, just released for his 1st meal after a very, very long time... it was just so unbecoming of me. I mean, really, the 'chef' nearly lost a thumb, as I greedily spooned up the food, barely giving him a chance to set the platter down...and yes, I may have been a little greedy with the scrimp shrimp/scallops/chicken...I left the mussels alone though...have you ever looked at a mussel?...I mean really looked at one?... it looks sorta like a vag _ _ _ ...don't it?... and this homo don't play that...anymore...but I digress...

I blame my lack of decorum on the lack of carbs from my diet...I saw all of that cheesy rice & thought: I CAN HAZ RICE !.....it's been a mighty long time since I've had rice y'all.

After all of that wine & excellent food, we saw 3:10 to Yuma. I had some reservations about seeing this movie, as I'm not really into Westerns, but I have to admit, that I really liked the movie. The ending did have some parts that were a little hard to swallow, but whatevah.

To cap the night off, we decided to get our drink on at Ripples. I fell in love there with a man that was simply beautiful: fair skin, jet black hair, eyes as dark as my soul, and a body that I soon won't forget. He could've easily bench pressed me....with one hand. It's always funny to me how some of the hottest guys get no attention from any other guys....all night long. If I wasn't with my friend (who's madly in love with me....ha!), I would've said something to him (such as: please....just look at me once, like you're into me...and like you want it...cuz it's yours to have...all night long)....or maybe "hello" would've been a little more appropriate....[sigh]...

Sunday morning, I hit the gym and boy was I surprised to see that I gained 2 whole f*ckin pounds since last week's weigh-in....I guess it didn't help that I recently ate quite a bit of rice, "buttered" popcorn, drank a lot of booze, and did I mention that I also had a piece of chocolate birthday cake at the wine bar....it was one of the owner's bday & I was forced, at gunpoint, to eat some cake (and lick the buttercream frosting off of my plastic plate)....Diet be damned!...but it was soooo worth it...I think.

26 comments:

Red7Eric said...

I loves me some paella. The best paella in DC is at the Banana Cafe, a 20-minute walk from my front door. And I dig on the shrimp, scallops, chicken, AND the mussels. YUM. And I don't see the resemblance, actually; apparently, it's been a long time since one or both of us have laid our eyes on a vagina.

Paul said...

Maybe thats why I'm not big on seafood things....it tends to look like a vagina which smells fishy. Sounds like you had a really fun time this weekend though! Don't worry about the 2 lbs. Just blame it on being bloated. We are both just getting over that time of the month ;)

Jim said...

If only you could have combined that man at the bar with the chocolate cake and icing... that might have gotten you out of that valley in you bed.

franck said...

I'm not a big rice fan, but my Spanish mother, Lola, makes the best paella in the world. Of course, in Spain, it's strictly a lunch dish.

Greg said...

Paella = good. MMmmmm...

When I was single, I could never walk up to an attractive guy and say hello, the fear of rejection rearing its ugly rear. But get back to the gym, work that body, and you'll be fighting the boys at Ripples off with a stick!!

Rey a.k.a. "Mr. Secret" said...

Mmmm... I love me some paella too!! And I love mussels... especially because they look like pootie. Ok, not true. I just love how they taste.

And RE: the whole thing about the hottest guys being the loneliest...
One of my good friends is incredibly hot... like scorching. And he was always bummed that no one would talk to him because they either thought that he was: a) a conceited prick, b) taken, c) out of their league.

And I punched him, saying, "Asswipe, I wish I had YOUR problem!"

Eric said...

hehe, I'm giggly over "I can haz rice!"

J. David Zacko-Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J. David Zacko-Smith said...

P.S. - despite their look, Mussels are one of my favorite foods!

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Paella is one of those things that is either REALLY REALLY good (like, LIFE CHANGING), or REALLY REALLY bad (like, I'm going to projectile vomit right here and right now). ;-) I had amazing Paella in Spain (of course), but also in Italy.

jay said...

Sometimes, you just need to say f**k it and eat whatever you like.

Silly Billy said...

Diet Schmiet.

I heart mussels.

Anonymous said...

Licking up some buttercream might be interesting. I've heard of paella but can honestly say I don't know what it is. Sorry. I lead a sheltered life.

TAS

OnlinePharmacy said...

tzagKg Your blog is great. Articles is interesting!

phentermine at discount p said...

lZhdux Thanks to author.

name said...

Ea1WXM Thanks to author.

ordering meridia online said...

Nice Article.

brazil delta airlines credit said...

Good job!

name said...

Nice Article.

bruce springsteen uk tour dates 2005 said...

Thanks to author.

5 american idol tour said...

Hello all!

personal loan amortization said...

Thanks to author.

ringtones said...

Wonderful blog.

said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

blog inlevitra said...

zsHfnF Wonderful blog.

free ringtones wav files said...

Please write anything else!