Thursday, September 20, 2007

Something Ends / Something Begins

The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the Earth. I smell it in the air...

Well, the weather here in the LBC has changed at least....praise Jebus, it's about time!...I was so tired of sitting around my non air-conditioned house, balls sticking to the sides of my legs, cursing the sun....today, I'm wearing a cock ring sweater for the 1st time since February. It even got cold enough last night that I had to shut my bedroom window & I actually used all of the blankets on the bed. If you're ever drunk fortunate enough to find yourself in my bed, you'll quickly learn that I only sleep with a sheet over me....well, unless there's some physical activity going on....ahem!

As I was driving through downtown Long Beach this morning I noticed quite a few people on the streets decked out in wool coats, hats & gloves....many were looking like they just stepped out of a Banana Republic store wearing their new purchases....FYI, J'adore the Banana....even though it's basically The Gap + a hefty markup. Fall is my favorite time of the year and I think that's mainly due to the fact that I have better Fall clothes than any other season (read: it's easier to hide the flab under a sweater/coat than it is under a T-shirt).

There's that reason, as well as Fall being the start of the Holiday season, which usually means lots of yummy food, and isn't that what the holidays are all about anyway?...I love being a homebody on cold autumnal nights, sitting in front of the wall heater with a hot cup of apple cider or homemade baked goodies (pumpkin/apple pies, baked apples, bread pudding, etc).

Oh, then there's the start of the new season of TV shows like Heroes & Project Runway...yeah, I'm gay like that....but y'all knew that already!

So, come on Father Time...let's wind this year down with some brisk days & chilly nights...cuz they make my nipples all perky & shit!

12 comments:

Silly Billy said...

Those are the same exact reasons I love the fall too. I thought we were getting to the nice fall weather, but today it is a little hot. Ugh.

Paul said...

I hear ya on the A/C thing...I have one in my apt but running it is a strain on the old electric bill beings its probably been there since 1982 and isn't very efficient. The next few months will be nice because I can open up the windows and let the fresh air in!
We just finally got a monkey republic store here in the mall...alot like Abercrombie & Bitch...wasn't really impressed. If I'm gonna spend that much on clothes, it better come with a complementary hand job or something to make it worth the high prices! But then again, thats what I get for being 19.6% Jewish :D

Big Daddy said...

Hot apple cider with a smidge of rum....yum!

Or have you had mulled wine?

Once we get married I'll share the recipe with you.

Ha.

Rey a.k.a. "Mr. Secret" said...

Do you even have Fall in SoCal? I mean, like, at least out here on the East Coast, we have all the leaves changing colors and stuff (do palm tree leaves change color??). ;-)

I love sweater weather... I love seeing cute boys wearing sweaters... and I love snuggling up to cute boys in sweaters. Mmmmm...

Jim said...

Oh my god. We are so the opposite on this topic.

Red7Eric said...

I'm with you on all counts. DC's summers are so humid you can chew the air half the time. Looking forward to sweater weather.

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

The holidays are E-V-I-L!

Give me summer, summer, summer, damnit!

jay said...

oh well, there goes all my preconceived notions about constant warmth in the LA metro area.

Robert said...

Did you like the rain on Friday even and throughout the night? It was a friggin' downpour! Love it! No one drown I don't think! Enjoy the rest of the Sunday nite!

xoxo

M- Filer said...

Since when is virginia hotter than so cal? It was 99 degrees here today!

Crazy Eddie said...

I too have my little "gay" collection of series going on in my sick little head. Say it with pride...

I hold great disdain towards the summer season in general, so it's no surprise that I look forward to the winter with wild abandon. Plus, sex is better in the winter. I don't know about you but I FEEL more.

Besos

Jules said...

Spring has always been my favorite season... but slowly you people are making me notice Fall and start to appreciate it too. Must be that I love having perky nipples.