Monday, October 8, 2007

Needs No Correction

I've been tagged by the lovely, yet gassy Jules to write about my most common writing mistake. So here you go Babe: my most common writing mistake is using the wrong form of to/too/two....this drives me crazy whenever I read this type of mistake on other blogs, or worse, when I read it in print...Editor be damned!

Even though I do know which form to use, sometimes while typing, I'll still type the wrong form, despite my mental reminder to choose correctly...Arggh!....Thankfully, my OCD compels me to review & re-review a post before I hit the publish key.

I know that many of you out there think that I am flawless in every aspect, so I really hope that I'm not disappointing anyone by revealing this...I AM HUMAN....well, for now at least...once the Borg assimilates me, I'll be true perfection.

11 comments:

Steve said...

I rock at 'to, too & two.' I'm good with 'you're & your', also. Chris is the English major in our family and says that, on occasion, I go a little comma crazy.

eliot said...

me two

Paul said...

You really shouldn't worry two much about your grammar. Reading over it too times should be plenty to catch any errors and anyways you are to cute to have to proofread!

Big Daddy said...

My problem is when to use 'who' and 'whom'.

Greg said...

Mine is the difference between the us eof that and which. Whoever designed these rules must have hated his teachers.

cb said...

I hate that one to.

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Darling - you are perfection now - as much as any of us are. ;-) Oh, and I hate ALL writing mistakes (I'm a writer) - ESPECIALLY the misuse of "there/their and they're". ;-)

WAT said...

The Anglish language is going to be tha DEATH o' me.

Jules said...

Thanks for playing along, sweets! I've never had a problem with the to/two/too's but lately I've been all messed up with "passed vs. past" Don't ask me why...

M- Filer said...

Flawless--absolutly flawless

D-Man said...

Resistance is futile. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own...