Monday, October 1, 2007

(Not So) Private Dancer

I've been in a really good mood lately...almost giddy with happiness. I'm not going to question why, so don't even think about asking me "why" either....or is that neither (?)....I digress.

I had some classic Kylie M (aka Madonna's replacement....that's right Joe....I said it!....) playing late last night and was busting some moves around my living room. I can still drop it like it's hot, even though my ass is in its extremely late 30's....now, the dropping part is easy for me to do...it's the returning to the starting position which is becoming a little tricky ...I discovered this sad truth last night.

When I finally stopped humping the floor lamp (in a squatted position) and stood up, I felt a sharp pain in my knee, which hurt bad enough for me to growl "Faaaaccckkk" (in an Uber-Butched up voice that would've made Paul Bunyan proud) and stumble to the nearest chair...

...and that's when I saw them. My neighbors who live above the garage, were making their way up the stairs, but must've caught me in the act & were standing there, looking into my home through the kitchen window, with mouths agape...like they just witnessed a zebra giving birth....you know the look right? You know that it's wrong to watch, but you're eerily fascinated and can't look away....a mixed look of disgust & awe was all over their faces.

Dammit...I thought I had closed all of the blinds and was safe from the outside looking in! It's going to be awkward looking them in the eyes the next time I see them....[humiliated sigh]... So now you know what I do on my Sunday nights....good times y'all!

Speaking of good times, next week I'll be in NYC (Wednesday thru Sunday) and would love to seeing some of my fave bloggers such as: Eric, Rey, Lance, Billy, Eddie, Terrence, & Joe....and any others that want to meet up...Thursday thru Saturday nights are pretty much open at this point. I've already hit on, oops, I mean mentioned my travel plans to Billy & Eric awhile back, so they may have something in mind already (Happy Hour?)…can't wait...I'm just counting the days!!

21 comments:

Rey a.k.a. "Mr. Secret" said...

You BETTER give me a holler!! I'd love to come hang out! I want to see you bust some moves just like that!! LOL

I'll email you my cell number!

Paul said...

ummmm....you had a typo in your post. it should read "extremely late 20's" and you said 30's. You need to fix t cause we all know your not that old!

That had to be embarrassing them seeing you dancing you silly wabbit. Would have been funny to see though :)

W said...

I used to live next to a frat in my first year and I can assure you that the world loves to peek into intimate-dance-like-no-one-is-watching-sessions!

Hi! Btw, I am Erik from Whittle et al. Nice blog, you have.

Steven said...

... dancing for money, do what you want me to do...

JOE * to * HELL said...

REPLACEMENT?

REPLACEMENT?

The only "replacement" you should discuss with Kylie in the sentence is HIP replacement. grandma needs it

well, i'll still meet up with you....but for that rude comment, you are buying drinks! hahah!

Jim said...

Sometimes you feel like a Kylie, sometimes Madonna.

You don't have to choose!

cb said...

I used to 'drop it' for my coworkers at my old job. It was meant in fun and as a joke-- we would laugh. But I got busted by the hot boys on the floor more times than I can count.

I also shredded the ass out of my jeans at a gay club when I 'dropped it' and my jeans decided to have none of it.

I was commando at the time.

RAD Homo said...

You just keep on dropping it like its hot! You should of really gave them a show to remember...Im sure you can think of something to shock the peeping neighbors!

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

MMMM...yet another hilarious story Christopher!

Have fun in NYC. I grew up in that area and have family in Brooklyn. It's a great city - after Paris and Barcelona, my favorite city on planet Earth.

The Scott Blog said...

"I can still drop it like it's hot, even though my ass is in its extremely late 30's"- great line! Personally I never got he Kylie thing. I grew up loving Madonna and didn't know who Kylie was until college. One day I might get!

Greg said...

So that was you dancing in that window!!! I knew I should have brought my camera with me.

Silly Billy said...

Personally, Kylie rocks it for me.....but then again, Madonna is true to my heart.

Can't they both live in peaceful harmony????

Big Daddy said...

At least you weren't naked whilst droppin' it.

That would have made it even more awkward.

Jules said...

Ummm... boys of New York... I just strongly advise AGAINST taking Chris to a dancing bar... imagine a whole room full of people gawking? ;OP

eliot said...

At least you didn't trip over your walker.

M- Filer said...

OOOhhh, that's a YouTube moment. Let the whole world look into your living room.

Have fun in the City. I am jealous.

jay said...

3 things:

1) Squats work wonders.
2) I would look them straight in the eye and say "what, you've never seen a gay man before?"
3) Have fun in NY!

Eric said...

Well, you know I'm gay(m)! I'm always up for the boozin' with the bloggers. ;-)

m00nchild said...

This post -- the third of yours I've ever read -- instantly compelled me to add you to my bookmarked blogs. Everyone in my office was likely wondering what made me cackle so loudly.

Kris said...

Wowowweee.. Kylie's songs makes one bust some moves like dat! Haha, yeah, it's hard to look peeps in the eyes after they see you in the "act." That used to happen when I dance around the house, zig-a-zigging-ah to the Spice Girls and a neighbor would happen to walk by the window and ended up stopping and watching.

TCho said...

oh now i see! Damn me and my bad blogging habits!