Tuesday, October 9, 2007

One of These is Not Like The Other



The devilishly good-looking Rey has given me an STD tagged me with a fun meme. I'm supposed to write about two truths and one lie, and y'all have to try to figure out which one is the lie...but I'm going to flip the script and make mine about two lies & a truth...try to find the truth, bitches.

  • I took karate lessons when I was a kid, from around age 11 - 15. I worked my way through all of the different belt levels & eventually got up to a brown belt. I had a knack for weapons, especially throwing stars, bo, and nunchucks (sp?). I stopped taking lessons at 15, because once I turned 16, I would be placed in the adult division, and there was no way in hell my scrawny ass was about to go against burly 30 year old men. I think if it came down to it, and I needed to defend myself today, I'd make my Sensei proud [...hai...!] My parents still have all of my trophies and ribbons stored in a box in their garage.

  • When I was in my early 20's, I would spend many Saturday nights at my favorite dance club in Hollywood, Florentine Gardens...it was a straight dance club [gasp!]...this was one of those places where you had to "dress to impress", which I always did in my Z Cavaricci pants, Generra shirt, patent leather creepers, and hair plastered stiff & pointing straight up to heaven (Aqua Net was my friend). They had a weekly dance contest, which I finally worked up the nerve to enter. My girlfriend (shut up...I know) & I tore it up to "Brass Monkey"...and we won! The big prize?....4 drink tickets & 2 passes for free admission.

  • When I was 10 years old I nearly drowned in a pool. My parents rented a cabin in Big Bear Lake for a week one summer, and my older sister & I begged my parents to let us go swimming, in the public pool just down the road. My folks said that they were too tired and we'd have to wait. Well, being bratty kids, we kept begging until my father finally gave in, threatening violence if anything happened to either of us. My 16 year old sister swore that she'd watch me like a hawk, since I couldn't swim that well. My selfish sister was oblivious to me drowning in the deep end of the pool, as she lay on a lounge chair working on her tan...in fact she barely even noticed when a stranger jumped in the pool (fully clothed) to rescue me....I still haven't forgiven that bitch!

Now I’m supposed to tag a few people but I don’t know who hasn’t done this meme yet....but, I am curious to see what the following bloggers would say: Paul, cb, Jim, Greg, Big Daddy, & Jeffrey....feel free to play along...or not.



9 comments:

Jim said...

I say the drowning is true.

Too many details in the Florentine Gardens story, and you'd know how to spell nunchucks if you had used them.

Big Daddy said...

I'm with Jim.

Plus Z Cavariccis?

I was in 7th grade when those were popular, and I know I am older than you.

I don't know if I can do the tag.

I have a hard time lying.

Big Daddy said...

Ok, I'm done.

robert said...

Okay, I know that #2 is true cuz I was there that night and my girlfriend and I came in 2nd! BETCH!

heh, j/k. But I do think that's true caz I remember that hangout. I've only been there once. I mostly went to Rage and Helter Skelter!

Daaah, I'm thinking #1 & 2 are true! What do I win? What do I win????

JOE * to * HELL said...

hhhmmm

all i know i would have tagged you for sure

bastard

:)

Jules said...

I think it's the third one that's true...

Paul said...

I'm glad you didn't drown. Would have been alot of sad people! Oh BTW....I have just posted my tag from you. It was so hard to come up with stuff! but I did it! YAY! xoxo

franck said...

I think the second one is true, because other than jim and big daddy, i think there are too many details in the third one. i know the first one isn't true, because i met you.

Rey a.k.a. "Mr. Secret" said...

"Devilishly good-looking"? Me?

Awww, shucks.