Thursday, November 15, 2007

All About The 80's

It's in the upper 80's today and that's just crazy! When is L.A. going to go back to normal and cool down??

So when I went to the mall during my lunch break, I wasn't too surprised to see so many people in shorts, t-shirts & flip-flops. However, I was surprised to see this guy hanging out in the food court, sporting an 80's Gay Clone look...you know what I'm talking about, right?...[crew cut, wife beater, 501's (he was wearing long, denim shorts), construction worker boots, scrunchy socks, bushy moustache, and a very worked out body]...now, picture a Cornish game hen stuffed into the crotch of his shorts....this man had a ginormous package bulging down the side of his leg...ay papi!

For being a man of a certain age, he honestly looked pretty damn good (I won't even mention the unnatural shade of auburn he dyed his hair)...yeah, ok...as outdated as his "look" was, he still looked kinda sexy & I have to admit that the package was a nice touch....BUT.....in the mall??....with kids & women around?? I think that he should've saved those shorts for somewhere a little bit more appropriate....like at the gym/the gay bars/bath houses/or maybe even hanging out on my street corner.

I'm always amazed at how some people maintain a certain look (that's clearly gone out of vogue) for ages....especially when it's a gay man living in L.A (or any other metropolis)...and here I was, questioning my decision whether or not I should move ahead with my plans to grow my hair out... long on one side, perming it & then cutting it in an asymmetrical angle...some of you remember that look, right?....hot...I know!

5 comments:

Paul said...

Like...Oh my Gawd! That would be like totally awesome! We could be twins!

Big Daddy said...

That's one of my biggest fears, unknowingly getting stuck in a rut and being out of style.

M- Filer said...

I HAD that look when it was still avante guard. It was--right?

Red7Eric said...

During the 80s, all I wanted was to grow the hair in front of my face down to my chin, but my hair was so thick, it would never flop in my face, it just grew up and out and I looked less like a mod/goth and more like Dolly Parton in "9 to 5."

But, now that I'm pushing 40 and still have all my hair, life is pretty good.

Jules said...

Reminds me of the grandfather aged gentleman that I saw sporting a "hanger" as big as an uncut deli salami hanging to the right, walking in the mall with the huge smile on his face one day...