Friday, November 30, 2007

My Weight Loss Inspiration


Losing weight is never easy. It usually involves a radical shift in the way we eat, and even think about food. Personally, carb/fat/calorie watching has become a way of life for me lately, as I try to shed my love handles & secondary chins. Losing weight is especially tough during the holiday season. Tasty, fatty, treats are everywhere I look...at work, in the grocery store, on my kitchen counter cooling, inside my intestines digesting, etc...

So I want to take this opportunity to tell Paul just how damn proud I am of him for losing all of his "baby fat", and for being such an inspirational role model for me. You see, Paul recently shared with me how he struggled with his weight as a child...his weight issues can be traced back to the days when his mother, desperate to have a daughter, would dress him up as a little girl. I didn't believe Paul, until he broke down in tears, and then showed me the video evidence. I talked to him earlier this morning and asked if it was ok to share this story/video (see below) with my readers and he agreed to it.

In case you've never seen this handsome devil before, here's what he looks like now:


...and here's what he looked like as a child:




11 comments:

Paul said...

I don't miss the days of eating bags of oreos at all! Never let me get to looking like that ever again and when you meet my mom, if she whips out the summer dresses we are both running for the door!

JOE * to * HELL said...

bitches please! if she whips them dresses out, call me. we will play

that video frightnened me. that wa me. i was that fat fuck. dear god. my kindred spirits

Lewis said...

Kudos and admirations to anyone who can whip a bad habit....and keep on whipping it (now don't everone go getting excited when I say the word WHIP).

Jim said...

I forgot what I was goign to say after Lewis Said, "whip" so many times...

T Unit said...

FFK. I am one to.
Now, we are hot as fuck and all those other bitches are jealous.
And, WHIP is a great word, Lewis. Its an even hotter action.

jay said...

Oh wow. It's good to see that he didn't let his childhood determine who he would be.

D-Man said...

Yeah, my nickname was Blubber (Damn that Judy Bloom!)

I've been thin since high school, but it's strange how that self-image sticks with you through the years...

Jules said...

Best of luck to you Topher with your venture of joining the thin club. I've been on my "Get Healthy Initiative" since mid August now and am starting to see some good stuff happening. It's hard work, but with determination you can do it!

TCho said...

holy crap. was that really him?

W said...

Did you know that what happened to paul is known as the petticoat theory of transvestism? I am surprised that paul doesn't have transvestism fetish.

Kenneth Walsh said...

If he's fat then maybe I am a chubby chaser. Woof!