Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Nekkid Tree


I bought our Christmas tree!! On Sunday, we made our annual trip to the Snowy Pines tree lot, in Long Beach, and quickly spotted the tree above...it had just been unloaded from the truck, so I asked the nearest tree lot employee to unwrap it & shake it for me...the tree, not his ass...It was still a little wet (like me), so I know that it's fresh & will make it to Valentines Day, like all of the other past trees have.

To be honest, I felt like I settled...sort of. The tree I really wanted was the 7.5 foot noble fir I spotted near the entrance, but at a price tag of $100, I decided to "look around". To be even more honest, I do love this tree, and at $40, I love it even more....which is kind of ironic, because for $100, I love you long time...but I digress!

So, the tree has been hosed down, watered, and given time for it's brances to settle, but I haven't had the energy to slap on the lights/decorations yet. I'll get around to that Monday after work...speaking of work, I've been toying with the idea of calling in sick tomorrow. It wouldn't be a complete lie, as I am feeling a little queasy right now.

The girls & I decided to do a test run of baking Christmas cookies (Martha Stewart's sugar cookies), and I have to say that they turned out pretty good...I only burned a few. I played the rolls of supervisor/oven doorman/official taster, and after tasting about 3 cookies (read: I lost count after 10), all of that sugar has given me tummy bubbles! I do loves me some royal icing, but maybe there was no need to actually lick the bowl(s) clean.

Stay tuned for pics of the fully decorated tree.
...

13 comments:

Eric said...

Wow, your tree is bushy! I got a much smaller one. :-)

JOE * to * HELL said...

oooh look at your ruffly skirt

Paul said...

Oh I love the tree! Can't wait to see it decorated and smell that wonderful pine smell that I've been missing out on for years with a fake tree. Oh... and I can totally see you leaving it up til valentines day!

Marko said...

It looks like a beautiful tree and it will look even better when it is decorated!

Greg said...

Nice tree! And you keep yours until Valentine's Day?! Wow...

I can't wait to see all the decorations.

Michael Guy said...

Yes. That is a very full tree! Good pick! Can't wait to see the fully decorated version!

Red7Eric said...

Good for you -- I don't do a tree. I always end up at my sister's house for the holiday; on Dec. 26, five adults spend five hours taking all the decorations down, and I don't need to return to a decorated home. So ... I'm a little Grinchy, but I always get a decorated tree on Xmas morning, which is the important thing.

Bruce said...

"because for $100, I love you long time"...damn, you're CHEAP!!! How does Paul feel about you selling your wares on the internet?? What's the price for the 2 of you, I'd buy the video!!

Lewis said...

Anything NEKKID is good with me. Happy decorating!

Steve said...

The tree is fabulous! It looks just like ours - completely naked. Chris is outta town on business, so I may attempt at decorating it while he's away. It's been a while since I've stopped here. I know... I'm a bad gay blogger. Hope you're doing well.

RAD Homo said...

Your tree is super cute! Cant wait to see it all done! I too think im going to attempt to bake to this year...was then wasnt then was than wasnt......damm you... now I am again...you gave me the " should bake for the holidays" bug...

CJ said...

Thats a darn good looking tree and for $40 that's a deal compared to here in Houston. Can't wait to see it all dolled up.
I thought I was the only one that left a tree up till Feb. :)

eliot said...

love the sex toys on the table!
-eliot
dailybriefing.wordpress.com