Monday, December 10, 2007

Stereotypes

There are so many stereotypes that I've heard of over the years, but I tend to not put much weight into them...after all, stereotypes are usually based on racism/sexism/misogyny/ignorance/hate...I'm sure you've all probably heard the same ones I have such as: Asians are bad drivers, Jews are cheap, queenie guys are always bottoms, Catholics are all drunks, women don't know how to give a proper BJ...and the list goes on & on. I hope I'm not offending anyone here, I'm just trying to flesh out this post.

This afternoon, an internal auditor at work "interviewed" me for about an hour, over some financial reporting questions he had. The guy was early 30's, tall, blonde, had the greenest eyes I've ever seen, and looked like he just finished a photo shoot for the cover of "The Beautiful People" magazine....and on top of that, he was British....aww, how I love a British accent! ...some of you know where this is going, right?

As hot as this man was, there was something about him that really bugged me...and it bugged me mainly because it caused my boner to diminish perpetuated yet another stereotype...this oh-so-handsome man had some really jacked up teeth!

What's up with Brits having bad teeth? Especially British celebs? According to a survey carried by BriteSmile, the teeth-brightening company, celebrities from Great Britain have the worst teeth in the world....a few examples are Ozzy Osbourne, Spice Girl Melanie C, Tony Blair, Vivienne Westwood, and who could forget Austin Powers' chompers?

I dunno...maybe it's drinking all of that sugared tea that the English are so fond of, or eating all of that poppycock & bollocky bangers that's to blame for their mangled teeth...they do have such naughty names for food...oh oh...boner's back!

13 comments:

Christian said...

Not all Asians are bad drivers. Only the female Asians. :-)

Paul said...

Well maybe the one about women is partially true...at least for me it was. Oh....sounds like I have some matters of your's that I will need to attend to this weekend ;)

RAD Homo said...

Im must confess we always come across a bad driver on the road and we say...oh its a "D-W-O" Instead of "D-W-I"-- which means driving whole intoxicated in Washington State..DWO stands for drivivng while Oriental or Old--sadly the bad drivers are old or oriental 90% of the time..poor things...ok ..Im going to burn in hell now huh?

Scot said...

A Jeopardy question the other night revealed that sausages are referred to "bangers" because of thier tendency to pop open in the pan when fried.

JOE * to * HELL said...

the thing that is most annoying to people is that stereotypes are usually TRUE! thats how they got started. and 9 out of 10 times, it IS the case. i dont know people are so offended by thenm - they are based in fact

Big Daddy said...

I'm ex-Catholic, and I'm drunk right now.

I thought I read somewhere that the British were slow to put fluoride in the drinking water, but I guess this is also the issue.

The Scott Blog said...

jacked up teeth suck.

Marko said...

LOL, funny post!

There may be some truth, I have british blood and my teeth arent that great, not jacked up mind you but I wont be a tooth model anytime soon, it must be in our blood.

Jim said...

You forgot to mention that beautiful dessert the Brits have, Spotted Dick.

T Unit said...

I completely agree with Joe. The fact that some of it starts in truth drives people insane.
That being said, I can't kiss someone with jacked up teeth. In fact, this day in age, I almost find it unacceptable. It makes me feel bad but....

cb said...

Stereotypes exist because they have at least a modicum of truth to them.

Plus they save an infinite amount of time when ridiculing someone.

D-Man said...

Americans are fat, unsophisticated, rude, loud, uneducated and closed-minded. You might easily agree with certain stereotypes until they're leveled AT you. There are many Americans like the above stereotype, but I'm not one of them. And the same goes for ANY stereotype.

Jules said...

I've often wondered what the correlation between being British and bad teeth is too... seems so prevalent. But I do know one who's teeth are brilliant!