Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's Still Alive !


Over the weekend, I saw Cloverfield. Wow, what a roller coaster ride of a movie. The shaky, hand held camera style of filming wasn't a problem at all, in fact I think it added to the suspense factor....I was sort of dreading that I'd end up nauseated midway through the movie, but it wasn't an issue at all.

Here's a tip for anyone who hasn't seen this movie yet: make sure you smuggle in your own sodas/candy don't leave your seat until after the final credits roll...just watch the screen carefully & don't blink or you'll miss it....oh, and there's also some audio (a whisper) at the end, which is supposedly spoken in English (not Russian, as some people are saying) that when played backwards says this:

I only wish I'd seen the movie at Mann's Chinese Theater (awesome sound system)....the above pic is a model of Lady Liberty that stands outside the theater. Maybe it's a good thing that I didn't go or else I would've tried to rip that statue off for my living room....there's a perfect spot for it, right where the Christmas tree used to be.

I give this movie 2 snaps up!

4 comments:

Silly Billy said...

oooo, thanks for the tip. I am going to see this with a friend on Thursday and am super excited.

Robert said...

SNOOPY!!!!!!!!!!

Rey a.k.a. "Mr. Secret" said...

That's hilarious that we posted the same "It's still alive" clip. Now imagine seeing the film in NYC like I did. I was freaked out that the little spider things was gonna chase me down 8th Avenue, bite me and make my head explode.

Eric said...

Ok, so I heard the weird whisper at the end but did I miss a visual thing, too? Grr!