Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

2008 is going to be a big year for me, as I turn an age that ends with a zero, later this month. I think it's time for me to grow up a little, so here are some New Year's resolutions that I'm making this year to help me do so:
  • Stop wearing tighty-whities...some stains just can't be shouted out.
  • Finally buy some artwork to put on the walls...I've been in the same place for almost 1.5 years and I'm sick of looking at bare walls.
  • Get in the best shape of my life...I'd love to be able to walk along a beach, shirtless, without feeling like I should apologize to the public.
  • Be more social...I need to rekindle old friendships & work harder at maintaining the new ones.
  • Pay down my debt and boost up my savings & 401k contributions.
  • Get a new job...I truly loathe my current job, but I'd like to stay with my employer (looking to transfer), as I've got awesome benefits/vacation.

That's it...I think all of these are easily achievable...let's see where I stand on next New Year's Eve.

Happy New Year, Y'all!

14 comments:

WAT said...

Yes, the last one about the job sounds so much, OH SO MUCH, like me.

EEK!

Scot said...

Victoria's Secret is having their semi-annual sale! Stock up on low rise panties.

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Those are some solid resolutions. I don't make them anymore...since I think they just set you up for disappointment. ;-)

Eric said...

Well, sir, you're ALWAYS welcome to come work for me! I think you know the industry. :-)

The Realtor of Long Beach said...

Tighty Whities? Yeah it's time to upgrade... I definitely here you on the debt part of your resolutions; any plan yet?

Steve said...

Good luck. I'm actually changing careers for the new year. Good luck, and Happy New Year.

joe*to*hell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joe*to*hell said...

eric, i need a job too please

chris - let us know what panties you line up - i just did my annual panty extravaganza - black and blue are my colors..... cant stain them!

Bolt Upright said...

It's only tighty whities for me! I want to be able to see any stains so that I can promptly throw them into the trash. The thought of wearing underwear with hidden stains just creeps me out.

eliot said...

ive already ordered the black balloons.

Paul said...

We have pretty much the same goals. Well I don't wear tighty whities but other than that we are on track!

xoxo

M- Filer said...

Remind me again what the alternative to tighty whities are. Tighty blackies?

I refuse to wear boxers!

franck said...

I find darker underwear is definitely the way to go!

You can so achieve all those goals. Good luck!

Marko said...

Those are some great resolutions!

I am going to work out like mad and I have started like 2 weeks ago, Im pumped about getting in shape.