Thursday, January 31, 2008

Tennis, Anyone?


Just before the pagan Holiday Season started, a friend & I bought tennis rackets to get back into the game...I learned how to play when I was a pre-teen, at a local park that taught lessons on Saturdays.

Part of the fee for the lessons was bringing in a can of tennis balls each week. After about the 6th week into the lessons, my Dad had had enough of buying a can of balls each week. He even rallied some of the other parents one Saturday to protest, and that was the day that about 4 kids (including me) & their parents were told to leave the park and never come back. My Dad & my best friend's father got really nasty & said things to the instructor that basically called him a thief and a loser.

I was so devastated. Here, I finally had a chance to play a real sport that I actually liked & was starting to get pretty good at, but papa's short fuse/anger management issues changed all of that....and that's why I'm gay...kidding.

So, it's been a long time since I actually played, and I have lost all skill & technique that I once had. I've played about three times since early December, and I've fallen in love with it again. If I play on a regular basis, I know that I'll be able to lose some of the baby fat I've been carrying around. I would love to have a tennis player's body, say Andy Roddick....oooh...and a booty like that other tennis player would be nice too....what's that name? Oh right....Serena Williams:


8 comments:

Paul said...

Did you post this from work? I hope things don't get blocked again! You wouldn't want to play tennis with me. I am not that coordinated! I would be afraid of hurting you with my bad skills!!!

Creative Thinker said...

I want Andy Roddick's body, too. In more ways than one...

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Tennis is my favorite sport - besides track and field. I played seriously for about 10 years - even had a coach. I was pretty good and LOVED playing. I somehow got out of it when I moved to Seattle in 1995 and started paying more attention to running - though I often get a craving to hit a ball. And, Andy Roddick is a complete hottie...*YUMMY*

Lewis said...

I admire anyone who has the skill and energy and determination to exercise in any fashion. I'm such a hater of sports and exercise. It's sad. For me.

Greg said...

Mm.... Andy Roddick..... the name alone....

franck said...

Who do think we would rather see a picture of? Andy Roddick shirtless, or Serena Williams in a bikini with her big ass hanging out? Hmmm?

Scot said...

uuuuuhh, you sure you want to look like that? Start eating more Micky D's.
Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Michael Guy said...

OOOooh! Baby got back!

But you couldn't toss us a bone with a shirtless Andy pic?!

Tennis + me = D'Oh?