Thursday, January 3, 2008

You Learn Something New Everyday

A good friend is like a fine wine even better with benefits a thing to cherish...but sometimes a good friend will do or say something that really throws you for a loop. Last night, I was talking to a very good friend, and I mentioned that my microwave tilapia with shrimp scampi dinner tasted like earwax, with a dash of dirty ass...well the creamy sauce it was swimming in did...after questioning me how I knew what earwax tasted like, he (name withheld to prevent any embarrassment) shared a secret with me...regarding earwax.

Have you ever poured yourself some soda, a little too fast, and notice that the bubbles are threatening to spill over?...fear not, all you need to do is stick your finger into your ear, then quickly put the waxy tip of that finger into the bubbles, and they instantly retreat back into the glass.

This is one experiment that I will not be testing, but apparently my friend actually scored a free meal from some fools who had the nerve to bet him that he was BS-ing. Interesting, no?

17 comments:

dbv said...

ok, you're friend is weird!!! you don't need the earwax, you just need to stick your finger in the soda, the oils from your skin will prevent it from fizzing up too much... that little trick i learned as a waiter... and no, i never used it!!! just the slow ones used it... ha!!!

joe*to*hell said...

also....

if you stick your finger in your ass and then you put that finger in the bubbles, your soda will taste like shit

franck said...

Interesing yes, but in a disgusting sorta way

Steve said...

Ew. I'd just take your friends word for it.

Jim said...

I knew all about the oils from your finger slowing down carbonation. Stop putting your finger in your ear. Nothing smaller than your elbow.

eliot said...

lmao joe

D-Man said...

What a way to make new friends at the dinner table. And after you prevent the soda-overflow-catastrophe, you can fart in morse code to order desert.

Michael Guy said...

I just tasted a wee throat vomit.

Also I peed myself with joe*to*hell's comment.

Thanks for the giggles today!

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Interesting? No. Disgusting? Yes. ;-)

WAT said...

Asco maldito.

RAD Homo said...

WTF...I dont think I wil share this tidbit with anyone any time soon..icky

Big Daddy said...

Speaking of elbows, did you know it is impossible to touch your nose with your elbow?

Marko said...

It sounds kinda awful. Talapia isnt the best fish, it isnt too bad depending on how you cook it.

Greg said...

earwax....

You know, some things are better left not known.

but just in case, Jelly Belly does have an ear wax flavored jelly bean....

jay said...

Ew gross.

T Unit said...

I stuck my finger in my ear and put the wax in my coworker's soda today. There were still bubbles.

Christian said...

Try putting salt in root beer!!! It's fun!