Friday, February 8, 2008

Reconnected



Vince Clarke & Alison Moyet, of Yaz (or Yazoo) fame, have recently announced that they will reunite for the first time in over 25 years...but dammit...they're only playing in London...where are the cool shit happens. Why couldn't I have been born an English Latino? I blame my deprived existence on my parents....I do! The duo is getting together for Reconnected, a UK tour happening this June.

The tour is preceded by In Your Room, a 4 disc box set which includes: remasters and mixes of Yaz's classic albums Upstairs At Eric's & You And Me...the box set will also contain B-sides and a DVD featuring a new short film, containing interviews with Vince and Alison, as well as the promo videos for Don't Go, The Other Side Of Love, Nobody's Diary, Situation, and Only You. I'll be adding this box set to my Amazon Wishlist soon....hint-hint!

Yaz released Upstairs At Eric's in July 1982 then soon parted company after releasing the second album, You And Me Both, which reached #1 in the UK...they are one of my all time favorite 80's New Wave bands back in the day,and I think I'm going to have to follow Joe's idea of offering up body organs in exchange for tickets to this concert. Where my UK readers at? Holla at a young'n!


Vince Clarke whispered in my ear: "It's been really good going back to these
songs after such a long while. Many of them have never been played live. I'm
looking forward to performing them with Alison for all the fans who've enjoyed
our music through the years but never had a chance to see Yazoo in concert."

Alison Moyet: cooed: "Playing this material live is not about revision for me,
it is about finishing something we started - writing, recording, performing.
Three parts of a whole. A salmon cycle. It's like going home."

Shirley recently posted about another one of my favorite bands, the Thompson Twins....well it turns out that they'll also be releasing reissues of Quick Step & Side Kick and Into The Gap next month. The reissues come complete with extended remixes found on the original cassettes and all of the related bonus tracks!...'08 is all about the '80's.

8 comments:

Mark in DE said...

Let's hear it for 80s bands!!!

Mark :-)

Rey a.k.a. "Mr. Secret" said...

And don't forget that one of my new clients are Meat Beat Manifesto (remember them?) and they have a new album coming out in April!

Yay for dubstep industrial!


P.S. I'm planning on going to those shows... Wanna come?

Big Daddy said...

80's music has officially become 'oldies music'.

Steve said...

I heard the news about Yaz last week. What mark in de said!

"Just David!" said...

that just went on my list of things i need to do!!! thanks!!! i would have never known otherwise and i planned on being over there around that time anyway!! if i make it, i'll send you a t-shirt!!

Red7Eric said...

I liked Yaz (or "Yazoo," when gettin' my Anglophile groove on) in the 80's, but WORSHIPPED and ADORED Thompson Twins. Interesting that Alison & Vince have aged much better in the twenty years (!!) since then ...

TCho said...

I love "Only You."

D-Man said...

Wow, it took a minute, but I think I might have been sober enough once at a party to remember that song... I wonder if he's bald...