Thursday, February 21, 2008

Tagged !

My friend James (the Skinny Canadian Bitch) tagged me to complete a meme (awhile ago), and I'm finally getting 'round to it...sorry for the delay Jimmy...I was going poo-poo.

Basically, the goal of the meme is to write about three reasons why I write this blog....so, here you go:

1. It's a creative outlet for me. My occupation is anything but creative, so I find that writing provides me with that fix that I need. Writing forces me to think in terms of how I would express what's bopping around in my kanoodle, and then put it down in written word.

2. Blogging has been a way for me to create my own personal anthology. I often go back and read some of my previous posts, and sometimes I'll think: "what the hell?...I sound like an a-hole", and other times I'll read a previous post & remember something that had slipped out of recent memory. It's interesting to see how much life can change in a relatively short amount of time. In a way, blogging (for me) is similar to writing in a diary and then making it public.

3. I do it for the social aspect. Through this medium, I have met some AMAZING people that I am blessed and fortunate to now call "friend". If you're reading this, I'm probably talking about you. Honestly, the quality of people that blog is far greater than anyone that I could ever meet on MySpace or in a chat room. Through blogging, commonalties are discovered & friendships are formed. In reading other folk's blogs, I've laughed hysterically, fought back tears, cheered at other's triumphs, and felt saddened at other's defeats. The best part of blogging is getting to meet the blogger in person. This is something that I'd like to do a lot more of. LA bloggers...let's meet up!

So there you have it...I'm not going to tag anyone else, but please feel free to play along and let others know why you blog...inquiring minds want to know!

7 comments:

Big Daddy said...

Wow.

I remember back in the day when you just started posting.

I agree.

It's crazy [in a good way] all the peeps I have met and learned about, such as yourself.

Keep on keepin' on!

jay said...

I completely agree with all 3. I love that I can rant and just say what I want.

I'm actually afraid to go back and read some of my older posts because I'm pretty sure I've been a complete idiot/jerk at times (see rant above).

And i've made some amazing friends as well. I This is the surprising part because I never looked at my blog as being a networking tool.

joe*to*hell said...

are you talking about me?

awhhhh shucks

franck said...

I agree, too

Jules said...

Awwwww... I always knew you weren't the bitch you sometimes let on to be... [said with utmost respect and love, of course]!

I won't do the meme, but my 3 would be:
1) so the bloggers who stop by can have a peek into the many different sides to my personality

2) because sometimes the thoughts in my head become slightly obsessive unless I get them out somewhere, and I don't journal, so this is the next best thing

3) not meaning to copy you, but I dido you on number 3!!

MWAH!

D-Man said...

Ditto! (There, that was easy...)

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Praise the sweet baby Jesus - you didn't tag me!