Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Watching You Watching Me

Maybe I'm old-fashioned. Maybe I have a cold heart....but when I end relationships with people, it's over. I don't want to know what's going on in their lives. I couldn't care less what they're thinking or feeling. I just want to relegate them to my past. So I find it odd when people from my past are still interested in me & my life.

I can understand stumbling across my blog. This is a public forum and if I wanted to hide it, I could make it private. That's not going to happen. There's no shame in my game. However, when someone from my past actively seeks this blog out, it just begs the question: "why?"

I guess I should find it a nice stroke to the ego, but I don't. I find it strange. I wonder if the lurker(s) know that I have a little HTML code embedded in my blog that tracks EVERYONE that visits here. If you're a stats whore like me, you might want to check out Sitemeter. It's free, and will let you know where your visitors are coming from (city, IP address, & latitude/longitude map coordinates), when they visit, how long they visited your blog, and a whole lot more data.

I recently had Paul install the coding on his blog...very interesting who visits his site as well.

17 comments:

Big Daddy said...

Site Meter is cool, but you should install Active Meter.

It tracks returning visitors and has a bit more info and is easier to read [I think].

It's free, to.

Silly Billy said...

Ok, I installed Site Meter but now am looking into Active Meter. Ugh, this is confusing.

Scot said...

"Stalking the Stalker" I love it. The stalkers themselves are a pain though. It could be worse, he could be actively pestering instead of just lrking. Of course not that you've tipped him of, hopefully he'll fuck off.

Christian said...

You must have been the most popular girl in high school. :-)

Try Google Analytics, too!

T Unit said...

In a shameful admission, I have to say that I put Site Meter on my blog because I secretly want to know that my ex is reading it and seeing how great my life is. It makes me feel wanted and gives me a little thrill. Incidently, so far, no visits from his city. Cunt.

franck said...

that's very james bond of you, moneypenny. i use statcounter, it does the same

H. Alan Scott said...

totally, when i'm done i'm done.

Mark in DE said...

I guess it depends on the person and how the relationship ended. Sometimes people who are no longer lovers remain friends. Also, the person who got dumped will obviously not feel the same as the person who did the dumping.

Interesting topic.

Mark :-)

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Ahhhh! It's a Hardy Boys mystery....

M- Filer said...

Jesus! I had no idea everyone was so on top of things. I have never had a clue who visits me...until today. Just installed it.

D-Man said...

Just as long as there ain't no boiling bunnies on your stove...

As I'm obsessive already, I purposely do not track visitors.

RAD Homo said...

dittio...Whens its over its over..nuff said...

joe*to*hell said...

billy- active meter? oh lord. must i?????

Jules said...

I didn't know you were so much a sitemeter whore, but I have heard great things about it.

So... have you come up with an answer to the reasoning behind this person seeking you out? Obviously they're not over you, my dear!

Michael Guy said...

Does Sitemeter tell you I'm at the SAKS Fifth Avenue CLINIQUE counter right now?

:: PS - total STATS whore here ::

cb said...

I feel a bit sorry that you completely cut people out of your life. I have some X's that are good friends now.

WAT said...

Look Chris, I know that you and I parted ways back in 1966, but come on man! I need to know what's going on in your superstar life okay?

SO FORGIVE ME FOR CHECKING IN ON YOU!