Friday, February 15, 2008

Who I'd Like to Meet

Kenneth Cole


  • Chairman & CEO: Kenneth Cole Productions

  • Author: Footnotes

  • Chairman: amfAR (American Foundation for Aids Research)

  • Humanitarian, Activist, Philanthropist, & Sexy MuthaF*ucker

I loves me some KFC KC. I wear his shoes, clothes, belts, wallets, and even my bag is a Kenneth Cole New York. I'm a walking billboard for the company. Part of my annual trip to NYC always includes stopping at the Fifth Ave store, to finger all of the products that my budget won't allow, but dammit if I don't walk out of there with a little sumpin.

J'adore everything that this fashion house puts out. The styles are always classic, and I'm all about looking like a classy bitch! I have shirts from KC that I bought maybe 9 years ago (don't wear them...I'm just too cheap to toss them), that would still look fresh today (with a little starch & bleach).

One of my favorite quotes from Mr Cole is : "it is great to be known for your shoes. It is even better to be recognized for your soul".

...oh yeah...he's straight...le sigh!


10 comments:

Mark in DE said...

I have a pair of his shoes too and love 'em.

Mark :-)

Big Daddy said...

One of my fave pair of shoes were his.

Sadly, I wore them down to the nubbin'.

Kris said...

Wow, he's handsome! I had a pair of his shoes but ended up donating it since it's size too big.

I think he meant to be recognized for his sole! Lol

franck said...

I don't mind Kenneth. I own a shirt that he made (maybe no personally, but who knows) which is about to find a new home as part of my Big Purge of Worldly Possessions. I can send it to you if you like?

Rey a.k.a. "Mr. Secret" said...

Chris Chris Chris, you need to tell me these things while you're here in NYC. Up until two weeks ago, one of my best friends was CFO of Kenneth Cole (he has since quit and now works for Lord & Taylor). But when you were here a few months ago, we could have visited him and popped into Ken's corner office to say "hola".

Full disclosure: I'm not a fan of K. Cole... His clothes are a wee bit too conservative for me. Put away the black and the pure white... and bring on the lime and the tangerine!

Christopher said...

Franck: Send it baby, send it!

Rey: Dammit!...also, I should clarify that I only wear his clothes to work...otherwise, I agree with you about color...if I lost my baby fat (and a rib), you & I could probably share clothes (I don't leave pit stains)!

Gary said...

Right there with you my friend with the Kenneth Cole. I had a pair of shoes that I wore until they fell apart...and then wore some more.

M- Filer said...

I am sooo all about Kenneth Cole.

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Kenneth sure has it together, but the last THREE pairs of shoes I bought didn't hold up worth shit...I think the quality has gone downhill fast. Sad.

Chris said...

True story: I worked for a high-end boutique back in 2000. The store manager put me in a cab with a $14,000 fur coat and sent me to his office so he could take a look at it for his wife.

He kept the coat after just five minutes.