Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


I'm feeling a little under the weather today, so I stayed home from work. This cold I've been dealing with for the past week is finally starting to die.

I also stayed home to work on updating my resume for a few job openings that were recently added to my company's job board. I'm not even sure if it's worth updating my resume though, as something happened to me this weekend that has me thinking about changing careers.

My car keys got locked inside my car...they were left on the passenger seat...and of course I do not have a spare key. A loved one accidentally left them on the seat, when she went to retrieve her cell phone that she left in my car. The ironic thing is that when I handed over my keys, I said "don't lock the keys in the car"....guess I jinxed myself.

So after about 30 minutes of trying to unlock the door(s) with a wire hanger (I keep a bunch in the laundry room for art projects, plumbing needs, and S&M scenes), I finally admitted defeat and called a locksmith. I swear, I used to be so good at using a wire hanger as a makeshift "Slim-Jim", but I guess that teen talent (like my 30" waist) is gone.
So this locksmith shows up with a wedge and a Slim-Jim and within 10 seconds has my car door unlocked...and I'm $60 poorer. Now that's an easy way to make a quick buck...tax-free no less!

Have a good day ya'll and don't drink too much green beer tonight...I'm off to have a couple duplicate keys made!

11 comments:

Paul said...

So we both have locked ourselves out this year. Never again though. I have keys in multiple places now in case it ever happens again! Hope the relaxing day away from work helps you get over that pesky cold! Miss ya!
xoxoxoxo

joe*to*hell said...

what the hell is a piece of dried up meat by-products on a stick gonna do for your car?

hahahaha

T Unit said...

I like it when you show us your ass.

Christian said...

AAA?

franck said...

Why should YOU be out of $60? Take it out of the loved one's allowance, that'll teach her ;-))

Christopher said...

Paul: that's what I get for laughing at you!

Joe: is yo mind always on sausage? mine is!

T: tee hee!

Christian: Sadly no AAA here!

Franck: That's definitely the plan!

"Just David!" said...

you just reminded me that my spare set of keys is IN my car!!! thanks, gotta run and remedy that right now!!!

Alex said...

Hey Chris, Look at the bright side...youre week can only get better lol. I hope all is well with you now.

H. Alan Scott said...

hope you're feeling better!

Michael Guy said...

The second worse thing is closing a door and realizing apartment keys are on the other side of aforementioned door. First assistance with a 'lock out' is FREE; second time is $50 buck FEE.

So far so good. ONCE was enough!

Hope you're feeling better.

Oh. And I totally go for a coat hanger for minor plumbing issues.

Mark in DE said...

Doh! Don't you hate it when that happens? Fortunately my car does not allow you to lock the doors without using the key.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Mark :-)