Monday, April 7, 2008

Hispanic At The Disco !

Last Friday, I took Mary, my favorite Lesbian, out for drinks & dancing. Mary's been going through a rough patch in her life lately and needed some cheering up. When Mary said that she wanted to get her drink & dance on..."with her people", I was afraid that I'd be dragged to some Lezbo bar, that only served beer and "dancing" really meant slam dancing...Lucky for me it meant Circus Disco in Hollywood.

Circus is a HUGE club with 4 "rooms" that play different types of music in each. I hadn't been to Circus in years, so I was really surprised to see all of the changes they've made. Since I'm not a fan of Musica Latina or drag shows (in Spanish), we spent most of our time in the large room (which plays house & Top 40).

I'd say that the population here is at least 90% Latino....so I was a little surprised to see that the Caucasian go-go boy, sporting long board shorts (who had a semi-muscular body), was making the most money! Yes, the white guy was cute & had a decent body, but his dancing was basically the standard 2 step (with a few thrusts thrown in), and he wasn't even showing bulge or booty.....now as for the other 2 go-go boys: those 2 left nothing to the imagination & they were working it like the rent was due yesterday.

The highlight of the evening was when Mary tipped one of the go-go boys, he peeled down his chonies & showed her what he was working with, to which she shouted: "I haven't seen one of those in over 20 years....are they all that big ?!"

15 comments:

Projekt R3volution said...

Your such a great friend to get her out and have some fun! I'm glad you got to go out and have fun too!

franck said...

Mary sounds like fun!

Christopher said...

It sounds like your weekend was a lot of fun. I will be joining you next time so we can make out on the dance floor.

cb said...

Aiie, Papi! Me gusta los pingas GRANDES!

Greg said...

Why is it that she got to see his enormity and not you?!

Shirley Heezgay! said...

kudos on the title of your post! high.sterical.

Michael Guy said...

"...working it like the rent was due yesterday" is my new favorite buzz line. Thanks for the giggle-snort!

er, how BIG was it? Don't LIE! YOU touched it, right?!

WAT said...

"Since I'm not a fan of Musica Latina or drag shows (in Spanish)"

Ay este pobre muchacho. Pobre, pobre muchachito.

Bruce said...

Wait, hot latin dancers...DAMMITT!! Why wasn't I invited???

The Realtor of Long Beach said...

Great to know Circus still has its groove. I earned my gay card at that place (don't ask):)

"Just David!" said...

what, no pictures?

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Ahhhh...hello! The Latino boys LOVE the White guys

Christopher said...

cb: SIZE QUEEN !!

Greg: It's sexist I tell ya!

Michael: I was too busy giggling at Mary to get that close, but from Mary's assessment it was a mouthful.

WAT: I can't help it...my folks white washed me...ayuda me!

Bruce: If I had your phone #, you'd have been there!

Mr Realtor: Oh, I'm asking...spill it!!

David: I left the camera in the car...uggh!!

JDZS: Circus Disco used to have a bad rep that if you weren't Latino, don't bother showing up cuz you'll be ignored...times have changed for sure!

Mark in DE said...

Ah yes, you can always count on the lesbian to say something funny! LOL

Mark :-)

Christian said...

LOL @ "they were working it like rent was due yesterday"