Wednesday, April 9, 2008

In Local News...

So last night, as I'm heading home from the gym, I decide to pop into my local convenience store to pick up some water....I was looking a wreck, but didn't care...what are the chances of running into someone that I know, right? Picture me...looking like this: flush-faced, sweaty, wearing a ratty, bleach stained t-shirt, a pair of raggedy shorts, and a pair of cross trainers that look like they've been run over by a steam roller....this is my usual gym gear, nice right?

As I'm fingering the cupcakes, debating on whether or not I can justify purchasing a pack, (since I just lost 400 calories on the elliptical machine after all), I hear a man standing next to me say: " Hi Christopher"......[Oh shit]....so I turn to look at who wants my autograph, and I have no idea who this handsome man before me is. Turns out that it's Jason, a reader of my blog who recognized me and had plenty of nice things to say about my writing. Jason's been thinking about starting his own blog and I told him to just do it....I hope he does.

It's so nice to be recognized this way and not like this...I only wish I would've been showered & properly dressed...[le gay sigh!]

Thanks for the kind words Jason, you should know I eat that stuff up!....now start your damn blog already!!

...

14 comments:

jason said...

gee, some Jasons have all the luck.

Projekt R3volution said...

I thought you were going to say it was Jason Statham...You would have totally melted right there into a puddle of goo if that had been the case!

Mark in DE said...

I had a similar experience. It was shortly after 11pm and the dog needed to go out. It was summer and all I had on was a pair of boxers. I decided it was late and dark, so no one would notice. I step outside into the yard with the dog and OF COURSE up pulls my female next door neighbor with 2 or 3 other women.

Mark :-)

Jim said...

I often "visit" the ice cream aisle of the store. I go there and obsess about how pretty all the packaging is and remember all the good times ice Cream and I have had together. But I have to stay there long enough to feel all the abuse as well. I stay until I feel as fat as if I had eaten a large bowl of ice cream and then I sigh and move on. It's such an abusive relationship and I just need to remember that ice cream doesn't really care about me.

No one ever recognizes me. I guess I should stop retouching my photos so I match up in real life.

cb said...

I'm tellin' you right now, that nobody would ever recognize me from my BLOG.

Manhunt maybe... but not the blog.

Greg said...

Damn.... No one recognizes me.

Hamilton said...

haha. thanks for the comment. My VP recommended Dolce but he said it was hella noisy so I scrapped that idea several weeks ago. Yeah I think I will listen to this Japanese manager at my department. Her hobby is to fine dine at upscale restaurants with her rich husband. So her recommendation would be trustworthy haha.

your blog is a nice find for me. I will sure come back often.

btw, how did a reader recognize you, i don't think anyone could look like the cartoon pic u put up on ur profile. heh

Romach said...

Oh how the other half lives, it must be nice to be famous lol That was awful the other time you referred to with the other guys in the car. Nasty little shits! I was recognized once at Manchester pride here in the UK. I was greeted with, "your the hairy Irish guy with the big dick". I turned round while thinking fame at last Tee Hee!

RAD Homo said...

No one recognizes me either..But Im not sure I want to be....Its cool though..your a celeb blogger! BTW-- your deatailed description of your after gym look sounds HOT! For reals! :-)

H. Alan Scott said...

i love getting recognized. my favorite thing is to do well at a show, then get all these friend requests on myspace the next day.

BRYAN AMBITION said...

my motto's always been, "it's not what you wear--it's how you wear it!"
and besides, i'd take jake gyllenhaal in a bleach-stained, sweaty t over a suit any day ;-)

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Darling, this is why I never venture out without at least looking clean and pressed - even when I go running or hiking or kayaking - THAT is when you end up seeing hot guys and/or people you know! Dress for success, baby. ;-)

eiain said...

You know I will so be trying those suggestions.

eiain said...

Oops my comment was supposed to be on the elevator post.