Monday, April 28, 2008

Is April Over Yet?

Last Wednesday, while driving home, my car broke down on the 605 Freeway. I was nearly home when the engine made a strange sound...sorta like a small tree branch getting tossed under a lawn mower...then the power just dropped and I coasted to the right hand side emergency lane. I'm so proud that I kept my shit together and didn't scream or panic, as semi trucks sped dangerously close to me.

I had to have my car towed from my house to the dealer the following morning. It turns out that the timing belt broke and damaged the pistons and valves. My car has been in the shop since Thursday...and it's just sitting there. The service department isn't able to start the repairs, until the extended warranty service company decides whether or not they're going to authorize repairs (due to the amount of miles on the car, the standard warranty is voided and the extended warranty comes into play). Since the damage to the engine was extensive, an inspector from the extended warranty company paid a visit to the dealer late Friday afternoon to look for signs of abuse/neglect.

Besides car problems, I've also have had to deal with family members getting sick, workplace B.S., and a whole bunch of other personal crap involving friends and family.

This month sucks zitty, hemorrhoid laden, parasite infested, dirty, filthy ASS big time, and I can't wait for it to be over.

...

14 comments:

"Just David!" said...

Wait, tell us how you really feel!
Sorry it been so crappy but April showers bring May flowers! May your May be flower filled!!

cb said...

How random! Another blogger that I read just had HIS timing belt break on this car.

That's some serious shit! YOu don't drive a Jetta, do you?

Christopher said...

David: bring on the bouquets!

cb: No, not a Jetta but a Kia...hmmm, that is random!

Lewis said...

A Kia? No way. OUrs is awesome, so far anyway. And I was nearly confused for a seocnd when you mentioned "zitti".....it reminded me of "Ziti," the pasta....and it made me hungry for lunch until I finished reading your sentence. Now I don't want lunch or dinner either.

Projekt R3volution said...

I LOVE YOU!

Big Daddy said...

That sucks.

Sorry, yo.

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Wow! You poor guy! Been there - had times like that. This too shall pass my friend. Until it does, break out the booze, B-A-B-Y! *WINK* Try to focus on the positives...yada, yada, yada.

T Unit said...

Drink. Drink a lot. And, have hot nasty hate sex. That makes me feel better.

Southern Boy said...

Yeppo. Lots and lots of sex should make up for it.

Silly Billy said...

Geez, like these people should be encouraging you to drink MORE and have MORE sex.....well, at least not when you are alone.

Christopher said...

The vodka's chilling & the booty call has been made!

Jules said...

Awww, sweetie... all I've got for you is a giant ((HUG))! Will that help at all?!

Greg said...

Sorry about the crappy April, but May is almost here, just one day away!!!

Michael Guy said...

That last paragraph might get you a Pulitzer. Now if you could just stomach womanizing, binge-drinking and deep-sea fishing you're well on your way to the talk show circuit.