Monday, May 12, 2008

Back in the (562)

Well, the London/Paris trip was simply awesome. I now want to pack up all of my family, friends, and loved ones and relocate us all to London. The weather was just perfect. I took 3 coats with me and didn't even need the wind breaker. Paris is stunningly beautiful and I wouldn't mind living there, but the language barrier was a bit of a problem.

The US dollar is worthless right now, so everything seemed so damn expensive. I really didn't buy much in either city other than 2 t-shirts (only 7 pounds each) from a funky little shop in Soho. Oh, I got a (much needed) haircut in London, and when the stylist finished he said to me (in an Italian accent): "see...now your face doesn't look so fat"...umm, Thanks (?)

Since neither the BFF or I have been to either city, we ended up being ultra-tourists and checked out all of the typical landmarks/tourist attractions. I have to say that the rumors I heard, prior to leaving, that the English & French really don't care for Americans & that the food is bland/tasteless are simply untrue...the people in both countries are friendly, and I ate some of the best pastries, er, I mean "food" ever in both cities. Oh, and Parisians are some good looking people...seriously attractive and fit. You could always spot the American tourists...they we were the loud/fat ones amongst the pretty people.

While eating dinner at Med Kitchen in London, we noticed that the Coen Brothers were sitting 2 tables over from us...looking all kinds of sloppy....and I almost ran into Pete Burns as he was walking out of a pub in London...I hate to use an antiquated phrase, but she was looking like a Tranny Mess.

I have to admit that it's good to be home again...time to shake off the jet lag (not too bad though) and get caught up on some blog reading. More stories and pics to come soon!

14 comments:

Projekt R3volution said...

I'm so glad you are home! Also glad you had a great time...you needed it after the car drama! Looking forward to all the pics of your adventures!

cb said...

Oooo I'm so jealous. I need to get back to Paris soon. Or whenever the dollar isn't tanking.

TCho said...

omg. yeah, London is ridiculous now in terms of the $. Paris isn't far behind.

Romach said...

you enjoyed your stay in London buddy. Last time I was there was a few years back and I loved the place. Very expensive to live in but there is so much to do. It truly is one of the greatest capitol cities of the world!

Mark in DE said...

Welcome back, Christopher! Glad you had a great time, and am looking forward to seeing your photos.

Mark :-)

Christian said...

Welcome back! Where are the pictures of hot British guys?

Shirley Heezgay! said...

Welcome home!

God, I yearn for London! And Paris!

le sigh....

can't wait to hear (and see) more!

x

Southern Boy said...

So wonderful! You didn't have a $4 Starbucks coffee? At least tell me you went to Pret a Manger (they're like the British McDonald's!) and also got some amazing Indian food!

Christopher said...

Eric: we saw Pret A MAnger EVERYWHERE, but sadly didnt ever pop in...we did have some really good Indian food though at this hole in the wall joint down a side street...just stumbled across it.

Greg said...

Welcome back!

RAD said...

Welcome back! We were both on blog vaca at the same time! hey....I think your blog looks thinner now too...just kidding! xoxoxox

Doghigh said...

Welcome back!! Can't wait to hear the stories - I adore London and love to hear other people's experiences...

Gary said...

oops, read the most recent post first. Ignore my question. Glad it was awesome.

"Just David!" said...

I adore London and always see someone famous... I've seen David Gest and Joan Collins at Harvey Nichol's and Dame Judi Dench while having tea at the Savoy! I can't wait to get back!!