Thursday, May 29, 2008

I'm the One You Want

Last Thursday I went on a job interview for a position within my current company. That's one of the good things about the company that I currently work for...it's such a large corporation with many different business units and there are so many different areas to move about. Transferring to another department is also a very good way to get a 5-8% pay bump.

Honestly, I think I did very well during the interview. I'm up against 7 other people...that's not a lot...in my current position I was up against 25 others. After the interview was over, I was told that they'd let all of the candidates know if they were chosen or not probably by Wednesday. So here I sit at my desk (and it's Thursday), constantly checking for emails or voicemails. I even checked my phone to make sure that it was working.

I really want this job. It's heavy involvement in a new field of technology that I'm seriously interested in, and it would really look good on my resume...not to mention that my commute time would be cut in half!

Well, it's lunchtime and I'm hungry...a coworker is wanting me to go with him to a local sushi bar to grab some yummy-ness [Mmmm....sashimi...mmmm !]...but I'm debating on heading out or just staying in and running down to the cafeteria and then rushing back to my desk...just in case they call....how desperate am I ?!

...

16 comments:

Scot said...

I say eat your fish and let them leave a voice mail; "Sorry, I'm away from my desk or on another line...." It sounds very professional and doesn't imply that you're masterbating in the men's room.

jason said...

Ooo...wishing you luck!

Projekt R3volution said...

I know the suspense has to making your tinkler tickle! Oh wait thats my job! I better get busy!

M- Filer said...

Pretty desperate! Good luck, I hope you get it.

Wonder Man said...

good luck

Southern Boy said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed! If you get it, will you get an assistant? Can you get me a job?

Jim said...

Wait, commute time cut in half... wasn't there a position in this same location that would involve you working for a former boss who was a total backstabber?

I hope this job is for a different area. Good luck!

Romach said...

Oh buddy I really hope you get it! Its crap when they make you wait so long to find out. Hope to hear some great news soon!

Big Daddy said...

Good luck.

Christopher said...

Your man is sooo in love with me.

Mark in DE said...

Good luck! Let us know.

Mark :-)

cb said...

Well, I hope you heard favorably... or hear favorably soon!

dailybriefing said...

still no newz?

Silly Billy said...

And????????????????????

Doghigh said...

SO any news?

franck said...

Quite desperate by the sounds of it. But this is an old post and you haven't given us an update. Did you get it?