Friday, May 16, 2008

Pride; Long Beach Style

This weekend is Long Beach's Gay Pride Festival. It's actually the 25th year of Pride in the LBC, and with the recent news of California ending its ban on gay marriage, it should be quite the celebration!

Some of the headlining acts include: Deborah Cox, The Bangles, KC & The Sunshine Band, & Sheena Easton...talk about going retro!

The weather's supposed to reach the 90's over the weekend (yikes!), so I may have to hide out in a movie theater during the day.

Here's one of the DJ's (identity unknown) that'll be spinning in the dance tent:


7 comments:

Romach said...

if all the DJs look like him it would be well worth the visit. Damn I should have arranged to have gone and stayed with my sister and I could have went. Its sounds like its going to be one party weekend.

Mark in DE said...

Have a great time at Pride! Oh, and that DJ is hot.

Mark :-)

Big Daddy said...

Pride?

Already?!

Ours isn't until the end of June.

Hamilton said...

I am going this time. my first pride yeay.

Christian said...

I want to go. I bet the heat is making a lot of the boys take their shirts off.

Anonymous Blogger said...

thats so amazing to here.

Lewis said...

I've heard nothing but fantastic things about LB Pride. But the heat? Oh no. Not for me.