Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sweet Dreams Are(n't) Made of This


Maybe it was the 3 glasses of Pinot Grigio I chugged post dinner....or maybe it was the bag of microwave popcorn I ate right before bedtime...or maybe it's just me getting nervous over the job interview I have tomorrow morning...not sure what's to blame, but something gave me cause to have a bad dream last night.

So, in this dream, I'm at the movie theater and it's a packed house. I had to squeeze myself down a tight aisle, carrying a ridiculously large "bucket" of popcorn and 2 cans of Coke (I only drink Diet Coke). Right before I get to my seat, a kid grabbed one of my sodas out of my hand. When I sat down, I turned to him and told him to give it back. He just shook his head "no". Then I try to get his father's attention, but daddy's gone deaf and blind and just ignores me. At this point, I start to yell at the kid's Dad...he still ignores me and people in the audience are yelling at me to shut up.

Since I'm clearly a stingy bastard concerned about this child's teeth, I get out of my seat and get in this kid's face to demand my soda back. At this point, things get ugly and the little monster grabs the top of my head with both of his hands and digs his finger nails into my head. I grabbed him by the neck, and just as I'm about to strangle him, my alarm clock goes off.

Soooo not fair!

A few minutes later, I'm in the shower singing Milkshake washing my hair and I notice a sore spot on the right side of my head. Looks like I got a little bit too much into role playing during that damn dream, and I gave myself a nice little scratch on my head.

Maybe it's a good thing that I didn't strangle that kid after all, otherwise I'd probably have some interesting neck marks as well.

...

10 comments:

Doghigh said...

Maybe it's a cliffhanger - maybe you get to strangle him tonight?

Michael Guy said...

Apparently you've pissed off your 'inner child.'

Maybe you should go buy a TAG Heuer watch at lunch to feel better. Just saying.

Romach said...

WTF! Are you sure you didn't eat a little bit of cheese before you feel asleep lol Your dreams are as bizarre as mine . isn't it great tee hee. BTW. All the best for the job interview for tomorrow. I will keep my fingers crossed and my legs wide open as usual! Brrrrrrrr theres a terrible draft coming from somehere *giggle*

Projekt R3volution said...

Sounds like a mix of your Taco Bell experience from the other day all mixed in with the popcorn before bed and the scene from the movie "28 weeks later" that we watched the other night.
You know I would protect you :)

XOXO

Christopher said...

I think you're all right...my inner child definitely needs a new watch, I can smell what the Romach is cooking, and the kid did look like the one from 28 Weeks Later...hmmm!

Doghigh: I hope it's a cliffhanger...I wasn't finished with that little brat!

Big Daddy said...

The same thing happened to me last week after I ate micro pop before bed! [Had an aggressive dream]

I wonder if it's the chemicals they use.

Chris said...

As soon as you mentioned regular Coke, I knew that was a nightmare.

Chris said...

Chocolate and cheese both cause nightmares. Not that you'd ever eat both at the same time. Just putting it out there...

Hope you got the job!

Mark in DE said...

Don't you hate it when an "active" dream causes you to wake up feeling like you've had no rest?

Mark :-)

Lewis said...

Are you sure it was a dream? Lucky it wasn't wet. And remind me to not sit in a row with you at the theater. But, of course, you'd share that DC with me....right??