Friday, June 20, 2008

Summer Begins


Today is the first day of summer, and the temperatures in Southern California are really starting to heat up....it's supposed to be a real scorcher this weekend!

I was cleaning out my bedroom closet last night and I discovered 5 pair of shorts that I haven't worn yet. I had forgotten all about these shorts. I won them in an Ebay auction last year. The auction was actually for a single lot of brand new clothes (5 shorts and a jacket). I really only wanted the jacket, so the shorts were a bonus, really.

Anyhoo, I tried on the shorts last night......and damn my belly overhang, they were just a little too snug [read: the seams were splitting and the top button was being absorbed by the gut]. I'm thinking about taking up swimming this summer to lose some extra poundage. I'd love to have a swimmer's body, or at least to be able to squeeze myself into those shorts.

I have absolutely no plans for the weekend, and for once I am really looking forward to having a free weekend. Maybe I'll take in a movie [Indiana Jones or The Hulk]....now if only quitting time would get here.....let's get this weekend started already!

Stay cool everyone!
...

7 comments:

Romach said...

I have got an unfortunate over hang on my shorts too :-( but hopefully Ill have rid of it by the end of Summer. Hope your going to post a picture of you in your shorts! Now that I would like to see!

Big Daddy said...

The start of Summer, and it's Pride weekend out here.

Woo hoo!

Have a great weekend!

Greg said...

ugh...summer heat in California. At least it will be a good weekend to see the surfers in Huntington....

dit said...

You too. Stay cool. FYI - I posted your Meme tag. lol

Take care.

cb said...

We have yet to have really hot weather here. ANd I must say, I'm not tiring of upper 70's and no humidity.

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

I LOVES me some summer! It's been perfect here in Seattle - sunny and about 75 degrees!

Sounds like it's time for you to drag out the leg warmers and get to jazzercizing!

Mark in DE said...

I can SO identify with your shorts dilema. I was just a few pounds lighter (apparently) last summer when I bought this really cute pair of plaid shorts that just fit perfectly. This summer they are 'snug'. :-( I better double up on the gym for a few weeks.

Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Mark :-)