Wednesday, June 11, 2008

True Dat

I utterly loathe those inspirational posters you see all across Corporate America...you know...the ones that promote "teamwork" or "integrity" or some other foolish notion. They're just too damn cheesy for me to stomach. So, to promote balance and equality in MY workplace, I create my own versions of truisms and pin them to my cubicle walls.

I was reading a post on Michael's blog yesterday, and ran across a really great line. It was just too good to forget, so I decided to plagiarize make a new "poster" and add it to my wall of wit.

Here's an example of my latest creation.



8 comments:

Michael Guy said...

Aren't you something else!

Thanks for the shout out!

Maybe I should work at HALLMARK. Just saying...

Mark in DE said...

I used to have an inspirational poster hanging in my cubicle that read "Beatings will continue until moral improves". My supervisor asked me to take it down, so I looked her in the eye and said "You realize this is a joke, right?"

Mark :-)

Lewis said...

I saw Michael's posting yesterday and about died laughing. What a total crock of doo-doo.

Projekt R3volution said...

Amen sister!

Big Daddy said...

'There's No 'I' in 'Team', but there is 'Me' and 'Meat'.

dit said...

That is too funny. You are pretty witty!

Rusty said...

Check out:

http://www.despair.com

They have whole sets of demotivational calendars, posters, and t-shirt.

I especially love "potential."

cb said...

Dude, there is a whole series of the fake ones... like: Optimism: every cloud has a silver lining, but 100's of people are struck by lighting each year trying to find it."

and Mediocrity: It takes a lot less time, and most people won't notice until its too late.

I have a whoole powerpoint presentation of them.