Thursday, July 31, 2008

Confessions of a Wino


Every night, since last Friday, I've been drinking a glass of wine (or 2) with my dinner...and then maybe 1 more "after dinner" drinky-drink. If the Italians can do it, then why can't I?

It's not like I get blotto off of the vino...it takes more than a glass or two to get me there, but it does relax me, and I do become a little more "accessible".

I never follow the "rules" of wine drinking. I drink what I like. Normally, I'm a red wine man, but during the hot summer months, I prefer me some white men wine. My latest addiction is Pinot Grigio...mmm...so light and refreshing!

I think I'm taking a break tonight though, and that's only because:

1). I'm out of wine.
b). Even if I had some wine, it's Homemade 'Burger Night....and wine just doesn't work with cheeseburgers.
iii). It's starting to get a little tough to roll out of bed in the mornings.

I have a feeling I'll be back to guzzling the "grape juice" Friday night....for the health benefits of course!
...

11 comments:

Mark in DE said...

Oh yes, Pinot Grigio is a good one! I also like Gewurztraminer too. Cin-cin!

Mark :-)

Romach said...

I am a red wine man myself buddy. I know loads of people who have a glass or two of wine nearly every night. And why the hell not. Your only young once.! So pure me one when you get home from work tonight ;-)

Rusty said...

Oh - there are all kinds of wines that go with a good homemade cheeseburger! With the variety of wine out there, you can find one for almost anything.

Jim said...

Pick up a Rioja (Trader Joe's carries Marques de Caceres Rioja in a couple of very reasonable price points) And chill it in your fridge before you partake.

I think you'll find it summer refreshing and hamburger compatible.

dit said...

Sounds good to me. I enjoy it also. Takes the edge off.

BRYAN AMBITION said...

ohhh i'm no sommelier, but i've definitely paired a nice red up with many a burger hahaha
;-)

Jules said...

explain the term "excessible" please!

Michael Guy said...

I'm wondering about the extra calories in my evening chardonnays. I refuse to give them up but I have cut my lunch sandwich by half to minimize that whole 'starch into sugar' thang.

Big Daddy said...

Gewurztraminer, Grigio, and Riesling are my faves.

That and champagne and sparkling wine.

franck said...

Pinot Grigio is an excellent choice. On Saturday I'm going to the Alsace regoin of France for a week, where I plan to spend my days sipping the local delicacies, such as Gewürztraminer, Riesling, Pinot Gris and Crémant d'Alsace. YUM!

Why doesn't wine work with cheeseburgers, exactly?

Confessions of a Wino said...

I think a nice Pinot Noir or a sturdy chardonnay would suit a cheeseburger well.