Thursday, August 7, 2008

Confessions of a Weak Man

Please forgive me Lover, for I have sinned...

I've tried my best to be faithful to the commitment I made sometime last year... but I'm a man...a weak man, who easily gives in to his carnal needs.

I may have mentioned this before: I like my men beefy...and y'all may be interested to know that it's been a couple of weeks since I've gone down on a nice slab of beef.

This afternoon, that crave, that desire, that need took hold of me in the worst way. I needed my fill of some beefy goodness, and I was looking for it fast & cheap...I took care of that need during an extended lunch.

I went to Wal-Mart, just down the street from my workplace to "pick-up" a few "things".

While standing in the checkout line, I noticed the young, burly, Latino man who would soon help me score my quick fix. With my purchases in hand, I walked right up to him, ignoring his cheesy greeting, and told him just what I wanted from him.

I said: "I'd like a large #3 with a Diet Coke...hold the ice".

That's right...I cheated on my diet and gave in to McDonald's siren call...and I liked it...well, I did at the time...by the time I got back to work, the grease slick on my tongue was causing me regret...Why can't Wal-Mart have chosen a healthier option for it's in-store fast food restaurant?!

I'm so damn tired of eating chicken...I think it's been 2 weeks of nonstop chicken (well, sometimes turkey was on the menu too)...eating poultry every day gets old, real fast.

I've had cheeseburger on the mind, ever since last Thursday's Homemade 'Burger Night didn't happen.

On tonight's menu: Beef Stir Fry, and I'm definitely going to the gym tonight to work off the fat/grease/guilt.

Of interest: I work in an area of L.A. that has a large Asian population. While sitting in McD's (scarfing down lunch), I noticed that all of the Asian customers were thin. All of them. As for the non-Asian customers...well, not so much on the thin side...I suddenly wished I was Asian.

...

16 comments:

David Dust said...

I love it when a Papi slides me some hot, greasy, meat!!! With some fries and a shake, of course.

You just described my entire life in one simple blog post...

XOXOXO

DavidDust

Jay said...

I had a burger and I liked it! The taste of a greasy beef strip. It felt so wrong, it felt so right....LOL>

Lewis said...

It's been 10 years since my last hamburger (or steak). I'd suggest ten hail mary's and bowing on your knees before the priest to ask forgiveness.

Projekt R3volution said...

You are forgiven. But you better make it up to me by treating me to your slab of beef soon! I know...I just gave everyone a visual!!!

Romach said...

Ah bless! I have beefy cravings every weekend! Its hard to resist meat when its on offer ;-)

"Just David!" said...

Sinner!!
Repent!!

Roland Hulme said...

Ha! My wife has the same feeling about chicken, but I could eat it three times a day for the rest of my life.

Greg said...

Mmm....the fated #3 meal. that's my downfall, too. And the McFlurries. And the chocolate shakes.

Damn! Now I want McDonald's too!!!

Big Daddy said...

I had the most overwhelming craving for a Big Mac the other day.

Luckily they closed the McD's close to me for remodel.

Mark in DE said...

Its been over a year and a 1/2 since I stopped eating fast food. I still crave it, like any junkie does. But a month ago I gave into the craving (as you did) and had a Big Mac combo meal. Is it just me, or has the Big Mac actually become a Medium Mac?

It was tasty and satisfied my craving, but left me guilt-ridden as well. You've got an understanding friend in me.

Mark :-)

Christopher said...

I would have picked a burger over Paul too!

Wonder Man said...

McDs does it everytime

M- Filer said...

How do you expect to become a super-model like mommy? I ought to crack you on the knuckle with a ruler for being a bad little piggy. Now barf it all up damn it!

MD

cb said...

If you are like me, about five minutes after you eat the McDonalds you feel guilty about it. And 30 minutes later as you are blowing up a toilet you are regretting it.

Chris said...

The power of Christ compells you! The power of Christ compells you!The power of Christ compells you!The power of Christ compells you!The power of Christ compells you!The power of Christ compells you!The power of Christ compells you!

Anthony said...

Just like some men ... 30 minutes after you think, 'why the heck did I do that?!'

I hope you're back on the straight and narrow